Location: Toronto, ON, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $37.60/hour
Branch: Strategic Procurement & Cre
Category: Unionized (IAMAW)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
- Perform preventative maintenance & servicing, to Building related HVAC equipment.
- Investigate and troubleshoot faulty Boilers, Chillers, Air Handling units, Rooftop units.
- Ability to install, maintain, repair, dismantle, and reassemble HVAC related components
- Ability to work at heights, form a scissor lift, boom lift or catwalks.
- Perform minor repairs including replacement of Filters, belts, bearings, ignition controls
- Preform visual inspections of buildings to maintain Building Code standards.
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe manner and complies with applicable industry standards.
- Performing other facility related duties as requested.
- Team oriented individual with demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and self directed.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work shifts, including weekends & participate in on-call rotation
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family.
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential.
- Must posses a valid DVS (Diploma of Vocational Studies).
- Must posses valid Driver’s licence with clean abstract
- Must posses 313A Certification or equivalent
- Must Posses G1 Gas License Certification
- Minimum 5 years field experience.
- Knowledge of building mechanics, Complex HVAC systems, Mechanical system operation, Building Automation, CMMS
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be detailed oriented.
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, e-mail and internet).
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations depending on the work location. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.