Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
As a Ground Support Equipment Manager, you will play an important leadership role in our ambition to be a top ten global airline. Your priority will be to ensure the airline safely delivers on and exceeds our customers’ expectations of their Air Canada experience. By creating a safe, positive, and accountable environment, your dedication to customer service excellence and glowing hearted hospitality will allow you to anticipate and deliver on our customers’ needs, while providing proactive and empathetic leadership to our team.
- Ensure that risks related to Safety and Security are addressed, root cause identified, and corrective measures implemented. Supports Airport managers and frontline staff within their regions to ensure that Safety, Security and Service standards are observed, monitored and practiced consistently by conducting on-going self-audits. Where self-audit or regulatory audit activities have revealed vulnerabilities, ensure identification of root cause, implementation of corrective measures to address them, as well as a means to verify effectiveness.
- Is responsible for the safety of operations within their region. Oversees and supports the implementation and audit of Air Canada SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), as well as the regular follow up meetings with Stakeholders internally, and externally, by airport managers.
- Ensures compliance with standards of IOSA, SMS and other applicable authorities.
- Responsible for supporting Management and Ground Handlers for safety, security, and customer service activities within responsible region.
- Anticipates and identifies safety, security, service, and operational problems, and resolves them with the branch safety team while maintaining the focus on safety.
- Ensure Safety, Security and Service standards are observed, monitored and practiced consistently, including Emergency Response and Environmental Plans.
- Representing our brand and company vision for customer service excellence;
- Understanding our internal and external customers by anticipating needs and delivering on promises;
- Building and nurturing trusting relationships.
Fostering employee development by empowering, coaching and supporting our team to be their very best.
- Embodying and modelling our Air Canada Flight Path behaviors.
- Treating customers and employees with care & class.
- Demonstrating to employees how we are building a top ten global airline and how to create customer loyalty.
- Ensuring all Air Canada family members provide glowing-hearted hospitality at all customer touchpoints.
- Understanding, following and promoting Air Canada’s Safety First, Always culture & ensuring a safe environment for our customers and colleagues.
- Grade 12 minimum.
- Technical accreditation (relevant trade’s license/endorsements) an asset.
- Sound technical and working knowledge of Ground Support Equipment Maintenance processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of AC airport operations an asset.
- Effective Decision Making.
- Strong interpersonal skills (organizational, team oriented & focused).
- Entrepreneurial & self-managed abilities.
- A genuine passion for creating and leading a global top ten Airline customer and employee experience.
- Ability to develop trust and rapport.
- An entrepreneurial, energetic and tenacious attitude.
- Ability to work flexible schedules.
- Ability to adapt to new technology and to share that knowledge.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and common office software applications (MS Outlook, Word and Excel) and AC Ground Support Equipment computer applications (M5, E-Sage, etc.).
- Sound working knowledge and experienced in practical application of the Air Canada - IAM&AW collective agreement.
- Ability to successfully obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) & Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP).
- Traveling within the region will be occasionally required.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.