Location: Montreal, QC, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $32.77/hour
Branch: Airports North America
Category: Unionized (IAMAW)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is looking for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full-time position as of a Facility Maintenance Electrician at Montreal Airport.
- Facility Maintenance Electrician is responsible for preventative maintenance and repair requests made through the Facilities work order system.
- Install, maintain, trouble shoot and repair facility equipment and industrial equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls.
- Read, interpret electrical drawings, schematics and the Canadian national electrical code. Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for serviceability.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Conduct preventative maintenance program on powered and non-powered aircraft ground support equipment.
- Install, maintain, and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel, and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family.
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential.
- High School diploma
- License C Electrician
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the trade
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- Be a team player
- Available to work a variety of day and night shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid driver's license and be available to attend full-time training (attendance is mandatory).
- Applicants must also be able to pass security screening and obtain the access card. Please note that this includes a criminal record check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.