Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Specialist, End User Services – Software Asset Management, with expertise in asset governance to join our IT organization. As a specialist, you will be responsible for managing and optimizing our software assets throughout their lifecycle, ensuring compliance with licensing agreements, and maximizing the value derived from our software investments.
This position will be reporting to the Manager, End User Services
- Accountable and responsible for managing Air Canada’s IT Software Asset Management (SAM).
- Implementing/executing global Software Asset Management (SAM) policies, processes, and industry leading practices.
- Implementing/executing Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) policies and processes to track the lifecycle of our applications, from initial ingestion to retirement.
- Collaborate with Air Canada's IT Vendor to ensure they:
- Monitor and provide alerts, metrics, and solution requirements.
- Monitor, audit, and advise on software license compliance using appropriate SAM tools.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all assets using appropriate SAM tools.
- Manage in-scope asset data throughout the device lifecycle.
- Input, maintain, update, track, and report on in-scope assets throughout the asset lifecycle, from acquisition to retirement.
- Be responsible for approving initial alert threshold values, monitoring metrics and solution performance requirements.
- Act as Air Canada contact for escalations and notifications for Asset Management Services.
- Help provide access to appropriate systems to deliver Asset services.
- Ensure that appropriate tools, services, and processes are in place to identify current and emerging software asset life cycle costs and risks to the organization.
- Manage production of software asset life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks to ensure that software asset life-cycle-related data required by stakeholders is gathered and shared appropriately.
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and recommend utilization of Vendor’s capabilities as required to enforce software asset activity.
- Help coordinate the organization's response to software audit or license validation requests, in consultation with the relevant stakeholders.
- Understand Air Canada’s software titles to be managed by Vendor with associated entitlement documentation for all in scope titles throughout the Term.
- Building and maintaining relationships across many different functions and organization levels and engage other teams to drive cross functional efforts.
- Collaborate with peers and team to achieve the overall IT strategic SAM plan.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 9-12 years of IT technology, operations and people leadership experience in a large company
- 5+ years of IT Service Management including responsibilities for software assets management (SAM).
- Experience in Asset Governance.
- Experience with software asset management platforms such as Flexera or ServiceNow.
- Experience in leading IT software assets management process improvement
- Experience with IT software assets management monitoring and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of enterprise software license agreements (including perpetual, subscription and cloud models), supplier licensing terms and conditions, terminology and policies with suppliers such as Microsoft, IBM, etc.
- Knowledge of software licensing models and agreements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Forward Thinking - Anticipating the implications and consequences of situations and taking appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Experience with project management and leading initiatives.
- Possess a combination of technical, analytical, communication, and project management skills, as well as experience and qualifications in software asset management and licensing.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.