Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager Fleet Transactions -Technical will support the Senior Director Fleet Transactions, Technical with major fleet renewal programs including Aircraft lease deliveries and redeliveries as well as purchases, sales, and Aircraft introduction programs. Additionally, the successful candidate will be charged with the coordination of lessor technical inspections, audits, OEM contracts including aircraft lease reporting requirements and any other covenants to Aircraft Leases, from a technical perspective including maintaining positive relationships with industry partners including OEM s, Lessors. The role is to manage and coordinate technical aspects of Fleet Transactions working with legal, maintenance, commercial and finance departments, as well as relevant third parties, to ensure timely accomplishment of project deliverables related to Fleet Transactions.
- Manage on time aircraft deliveries & (re)-deliveries within the approved budget. Management of consultants, and completion of mid-term aircraft audits and inspections. Contributes to the development of standards, policies and protocols aircraft transition programs
- Manage internal and external resources required to support fleet transaction activities
- Deliver transaction closing on a timely basis, ensuring key decisions are made as required.
- Evaluate aircraft acquisitions to identify any modifications to the aircraft that may be required to meet our commercial or regulatory obligations
- Develop aircraft transition programs with program scope, determination of milestones, identification of critical paths and establishment of timelines for aircraft introductions, returns and sales programs
- Identify all contractual milestones and deliverables for existing aircraft
- Develop financial forecast based on contractual obligations for exiting aircraft program budgets
- Develop consultant resource requirements and establish a database of qualified resources to support aircraft introductions, returns and sales programs
- Monitor consulting resources with the accomplishment project objectives within scheduled timelines
- Manage the operating fleet modifications programs, working with OEM’s on modification lead times for service bulletins, kits and parts.
- Oversee the execution of the overall integrated fleet renewal plan for Air Canada and its regional carriers.
- lead inspection of aircraft at various stages of negotiation with lessors, negotiate with lessors’ technical representatives and resolve all issues which arise in the interpretation of the relevant aircraft lease documentation
- Monitor and report on progress related to programs and achieving targets
- Ensure integration and alignment of cross-functional teams
- Ensure proactive escalation to remove obstacles and prevent adverse consequences such as significant delays or unexpected cost overruns
- Review and lead discussions and negotiations with aircraft lessors on technical aspects of aircraft leases, including delivery and return conditions and all maintenance to be performed during the term of the lease; documents to be reviewed will include letters of intent and leases for aircraft being added to the fleet, lease extensions and amendments and sale lease/backs
- Coordinate communications between Maintenance and Fleet Transactions for cost saving opportunities for major maintenance events related to airframe and engines based on lease agreement return conditions and end of lease financial adjustments
- Oversee aircraft and engine evaluations and provide technical recommendations
- Act as the subject matter expert for technical recommendations in relation to lease amendment conditions
- Maintain lessor technical client relationships with lessors, MROs, OEMs and other key suppliers
- Generate technical specifications documentation packages for existing aircraft
- Lead and Coordinate aircraft and engine lease activities to meet commercial objectives
- Act on behalf of the Director when required and represent Fleet Transactions at internal and external meetings
- Prepare and review digital packages for Commercial & Marketing aircraft campaigns to support aircraft sourcing activities
- Monitor technical covenants to the Aircraft Leases
- Point of contact for OEM Modification programs for aircraft acquisitions
- Provide oversight of aircraft acquisitions and aircraft disposition
- Manage commercial technical contract negotiations points related to fleet transactions initiatives
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with industry partners, OEM s, Lessors, etc.
- Manage pre-purchase asset/lease review, inspections, and due diligence of prospective assets.
- Devise and implement strategies aimed at achieving financial objectives and optimizing performance metrics with OEM’s including service, quality, and risk management. Skillfully negotiate and finalize contracts with OEM’s to ensure favorable outcomes.
- Collaborate with our cross-functional teams to identify business needs and develop effective sourcing strategies when it comes to the OEM’s.
- With our OEM’s ensure that contracted services are delivered efficiently and effectively act as a mediator when resolving problems, maintaining strong business relationships. Monitor Vendor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and proactively engage with vendors
- As a member of the deal team, provide vital technical aspects of LOI and aircraft lease, aircraft financing, purchases and sales of aircraft with a main focus on delivery / return conditions and mitigation of risk.
- Govern the provision of aircraft and engine reports to meet the Lessor requirements
- Develop and Manage the annual aircraft Lessor audits and reporting process for on-going aircraft maintenance, modification, airworthiness changes and ad hoc data.
- Manage the collation of current and projected aircraft maintenance status for aircraft lease extensions, review lease return conditions and validate that minimum return conditions and other obligations of the Lease under a technical nature continue to be met
- Obtain and analyze current and projected aircraft maintenance status for aircraft lease extensions; review lease return conditions and propose revisions as appropriate for lease extensions; calculate end of lease return costs to meet minimum return conditions and end of lease maintenance adjustments
- Set out with the regional carrier’s technical groups an established standard of reporting
- Degree or Diploma in Project Management, Aviation Management or Technical Aircraft Management, and/or demonstrated with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the airline or related industries
- Broad knowledge of aircraft, maintenance, record keeping and regulatory requirements
- Strong technical background in aircraft systems, aircraft maintenance programs and operations
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in coordinating internal stakeholders
- Effective communicator with excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Team player with demonstrated ability for achievement in a challenging, high paced environment
- High degree of self-discipline, strong ability for self-directed accomplishment of project priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and/or multiple work demands, and shift priorities as required
- Well-developed knowledge of applicable safety, environmental and regulatory requirements policies and standards
- Excellent analytical abilities and computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Understanding of lease arrangements
- Self-starter with solid business acumen, able to work under minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.