Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Air Canada Project Engineering team is presently searching for Electrical Engineers with Aircraft Avionics, or Cabin Electrical Systems background.
- Develop, prepare and support engineering projects from our internal customers related to the flight deck and passenger environment.
- Liaise with vendors, subcontractors, internal and external clients.
- Ensure deliverables are met on time and budget
- Provide technical support to aircraft, in assigned areas and act as technical interface between airline and component manufacturers.
- Prepare cost estimate, Technical Instructions and project evaluations on corporate initiatives and new product design.
- Develop specifications for interiors systems equipment and appliances on new aircraft introduction and aircraft reconfigurations.
- Represent Engineering during multidiscipline meeting and provide input in area of expertise.
- Create Engineering Drawings, Instructions and Test/Certification reports for the reconfiguration of the cabin for all Air Canada fleets.
- Work within regulatory design certification standards for Transport Canada Civil Aviation, FAA, and EASA
- Must have Electrical Engineering Degree recognized in Canada
- Related Avionics engineering experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with In-Flight Entertainment system, WIFI, lighting, etc, for design and support
- Team player with effective communication skills and strong customer focus.
- Ability to develop and write clear, concise technical descriptions, instructions, information sheets and reports.
- Ability to create engineering drawings including wiring diagrams.
- Pride in accuracy and good work presentation to the satisfaction of internal customers.
- Self-starter requiring minimum supervision with good decision-making ability.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to co-ordinate details to successful conclusion.
- Willingness to be on call and to work overtime, as required by day-to-day needs.
- Solid knowledge of most commonly used PC software.
- Experience with AutoCAD design software
- Must be clear of any restrictions which will prevent entry into other countries.
- Must be available for travel for at least 6 weeks of the year (up to 2 weeks at a time)
Knowledge of Regulatory design certification standards for Transport Canada Civil Aviation, FAA specifications, and EASA.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.