Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, Service Excellence & Delivery provides strategic leadership and direction in promoting and delivering a culture of Service Excellence across the COE organization and leads organizational change management initiatives to drive excellence in the delivery of a consistent, efficient and trusted service to improve employee experience throughout their Life Journey at Air Canada.
This mandate includes collaboration and engagement of all key departments to ensure an effective forecasting and implementation of HRCOE programs/initiatives requirements to support the business needs while ensuring the optimal outcome towards Service Excellence.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Leads organizational and departmental process improvement program to enhance the employee experience thus improving employee satisfaction and survey results.
- Embrace and provide guidance for the delivery/deployment of all programs, to support Corporate Human Resources and ensure a positive employee experience.
- Promotes/provides direction for changes in current process and procedures for all HRCOE Initiatives.
- Develops and implements effective project workplans and provides regular updates to Leadership as required.
- Identify and oversee the creation and maintenance of all training content for HRCOE.
- Defines HRCOE quality standards in collaboration with the Operational Leaderhisp team.
- Ensures effective and timely communication within the team, Human Resources and external entities. Manage various communication channels within department, Air Canada’s workforce and externally with the third party
- Leverage HRCOE Metrics/Anaytics to facilitate business decisions.
- Initiate and implement collaboratively corrective measures to improve Service Excellence performance.
- Leverage communication and training channels to drive employee engagement and performance.
- Identify opportunities to enhance efficiencies in the delivery of Service Excellence.
- Ensures all HRCOE programs are delivered system-wide in accordance with Human Resources governance and ensure consistency in quality.
- Handles inquiries, comments (internal / external) regarding any aspect of HRCOE operations that concern delivery/deployment of new and existing programs.
- Initiate and maintains proactive and continuous communication and collaboration with his/her superior to foster partnerships to ensure COE programs are delivered and deployment meet expectations and operational needs of the primary stakeholders.
- Drive and promote new and existing Human Resources initiatives as required.
- Collaborate & facilitate yearly objective setting exercise for direct reports
- Directs, manages, coaches the overall performance of direct/indirect managers.
- Drive, develop, and edit creative content and corporate materials including newsletters, presentations, video scripts, and messaging
- Manage the team SharePoint and contracts with our LMS and different authoring tools
- University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent or
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an HR, Communication or Training, supervising employees
- Authoring tool (Articulate), advanced SharePoint, advanced Office (Word, PPT, Excel), Learning Management System
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Able to collaborate cross functionally and gain alignment at a variety of levels
- Able to be assertive while maintaining diplomacy and political awareness
- Genuine desire to contribute to the betterment of Air Canada
- Customer centric approach and focus
- Excellent problem solving skills; able to apply quick fix resolutions that have a positive impact on results
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility.
- Ability to respond quickly to situations and seize opportunities
- Able to influence, convince and create mutually acceptable solutions in the context of conflicts
- Strong knowledge and expertise in Talent Acquisition and Human Resources
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.