Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The AQP Policy and Procedures Development Manager will be responsible to manage Policy and Procedures Development of AQP as mandated by Transport Canada (TC) regulations and to ensure TC mandated Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) training matrix items and Safety Management System (SMS) responsibilities are maintained and updated within the training program. This Includes the oversight of the development and support of the internally developed AQP software (ATLAS).
- Develop and implement corrective action plans required through QA findings.
- Ensure full compliance in implementing AQP policies and procedures for all training phases per fleet type.
- Develop program and policy related to the AQP.
- Maintain AQP documentation, and ensure full compliance prior to submission to TC.
- Identify and produce any curriculum revisions required based on QA feedback.
- Collect and review AQP training and evaluation data as it relates to script development.
- Develop procedures and training material for use of AQP software.
- Work in conjunction with AQP statistician for Instructor grading issues.
- Coordinate and participate in quarterly and annual training meetings with the AC executive and TC.
- Ensure CARs training matrix items and Safety Management Systems responsibilities are maintained and updated.
- Troubleshoot ongoing ATLAS grading errors and maintenance of ATLAS Grading errors database.
- Upload prepared and updated scripts to ATLAS.
- Mentor Training Coordinators on recency tracking.
- Serve as point-of-contact for crew scheduling issues related to pilot qualification after hours and on weekends.
- Oversee budget for the 4 pilot bases (parking, pilot training expenses, coffee).
- Manage ARIBA processing of base invoices.
- Responsible for IMAC processing.
- Proactively follow up with team members to ensure that all deliverable items are achieved in real time.
- Provide assistance with special projects as required.
- University or aviation college degree.
- Comprehensive understanding of pilot training requirement in accordance with Transport Canada Regulatory AQP mandate.
- A solid knowledge in instructional techniques, and latest methodology of training.
- Proficient skills in all MS suites, and including data management and trend analysis.
- Experience in Aviation Quality Assurance Programs.
- Proven teamwork, managerial, and administrative skills.
- Breadth (the scope) of skills and expertise required for the position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in the English language to AC standard.
- Safety Responsibilities in accordance with section 1.3.7 of the Corporate Safety Management Manual (CSMM).
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.