Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Director, Global Partnerships, the Manager, Global Air Cargo Networks and Business Development will play a key role in managing and nurturing Air Canada Cargo’s relationships with strategically important cargo alliances, and for driving business growth and achieving sales targets within their assigned accounts and territory.
The Manager, Global Air Cargo Networks and Business Development represents and promotes the entire range of solutions and services, while ensuring needs and expectations of the network alliances are met and/or exceeded.
This position may be located in Montreal, Toronto or Atlanta.
- Establish productive, professional relationships at all levels with key personnel in assigned cargo alliances, comprised of an extensive network of independent freight forwarders located around the globe.
- Negotiate and manage commercial agreements.
- Liaise regularly with the networks to ensure a high level of engagement and satisfaction.
- Develop strategy & business plan with the involvement of relevant company personnel to meet revenue targets and performance objectives.
- Monitor account performance across all regions. Develop specific tactical initiatives to build business.
- Proactively lead joint account planning process to develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one to three-year period.
- Provide relevant industry and alliance specific reports and overviews to headquarter colleagues to assist in developing sales & marketing programs as well as product and operational improvements.
- Respond effectively to rapid changes in the marketplace via internal and external communication to ensure high level customer service and Air Canada revenue protection. At all times, take appropriate action to highlight positive effects while mitigating possible negative impact.
- Direct involvement in budgeting, preparation and participation in associations’ trade shows and industry events.
- Enlist the support of regional sales, services resources and other sales & management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with network management.
- Work closely with Cargo Customer Service to ensure customer satisfaction & problem resolution.
- Data mining and business intelligence analysis and reporting to actively pursue opportunities with our Summit partners across all regions that align with the cargo branch objectives.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure alignment across Revenue management, Business Intelligence, Capacity, regions.
- Strategic integration with global and regional partners; internal stakeholders and the commercial team
- Undergraduate business degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of the cargo business.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strategic mindset
- Strong commercial/business acumen
- Strong analytical skill set – ability to data mine and drive direction with key partners
- Key partner development – strategic and consultative approach
- Results oriented.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills in dealing with data and general industry information.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Proficiency with applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Sales Force CRM.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.