Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager, Reporting & Analytics on the Finance Transformation Project (UNIFIER), the Business Analyst, Finance Reporting plays a pivotal role in the success of technology projects at Air Canada. They work closely with Finance stakeholders and the Finance Transformation project team to develop reporting requirements for all finance projects. The Business Analyst also work with the Finance Data team to convert the reporting requirements into data specifications
Key Functions and Accountabilities:
- Collect reporting requirements that support the development of analytical components of projects in collaboration with the Finance stakeholders and Finance Transformation program teams.
- Translate business reporting requirements into data requirements for the Finance Data team.
- Evaluate feasibility and best technology fit for analytics initiatives.
- Work as liaison between Finance Data team and Business stakeholders to ensure delivery meets the business need.
- Work with other business analysts to identify synergies in support of their goals.
- In collaboration with stakeholders, understand their reporting requirements and develop customized reports that meet their needs.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to ensure data consistency and alignment across different reporting channels.
- Help build, develop and evolve the Business Reporting and Analysis practice.
- Participate in the implementation of the reporting strategy and roadmap.
- Develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and visualizations to track key performance indicators (KPIs) and provide actionable insights.
- Become the point of contact and reference for knowledge and expertise around reporting for stakeholder teams.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and automation in reporting and data analysis in collaboration with other reporting and data teams and organizational leaders.
- Conduct ad-hoc data analysis and provide data-driven recommendations to support business decisions.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging trends in reporting and data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of IT technology or Finance related experience in a large company
- Expertise in reporting applications (PowerBI, Tableau, SAP Analytics Cloud)
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience working in an Agile team environment.
- Track record working with data from multiple sources and willingness to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage creative thinking to deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience facilitating workshops with different types of stakeholders.
- Flexibility and resilience to work under tight deadlines and adjust to rapidly changing conditions.
- Bias to action in search of business objectives with focus on meeting customer expectations
- Knowledge of data governance and security best practices is a plus.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.