Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Finance Data Lead on the Finance Transformation Project (UNIFIER), the Manager, Reporting & Analytics will be part of the reporting stream. They will become the central hub for all reporting requirements and will work effectively with the Finance stakeholders and the Finance Transformation project team. The manager will oversee the output of business analysts, consolidate requirements to establish and curate a reporting backlog, and represent the business stakeholders in the various finance streams.
Key Functions and Accountabilities
- Assess and implement reporting requirements that support the development of analytical components of the Finance Transformation Program in collaboration with Finance and the Program teams.
- Translate and provide complex reporting requirements to the data team to fulfill finance demands of reporting and analysis.
- Drive and implement the reporting strategy and roadmap for both the project and post-implementation of the project.
- Become the point of contact and reference as it relates to reporting for the Finance transformation program and for the Finance and Tax teams.
- Develop and evolve the business reporting practice based on the common and diverse requirements, as well as on the understanding of the different businesses and their challenges.
- Identify opportunities for centralized reporting repository in collaboration with other data teams and organizational leaders.
- Gather and analyze data from various sources, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Manage the reporting prioritization and backlog.
- Ensure compliance with data governance policies, security protocols, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and performance feedback to the business analysts.
- Understand and document data dependencies and sources, as well as the logical processes producing the reports.
- Work as liaison between Finance Data team and the Finance Transformation Program team to ensure delivery meets business needs.
- Understand reporting needs of the cross-functional teams and provide actionable insights to drive business performance.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging trends in reporting and data analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 7+ years of IT technology or finance related experience in a large company
- Proven experience in reporting, data analysis, or business intelligence roles.
- Track record working with data from multiple sources and willingness to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage creative thinking to deliver results.
- Expertise in reporting applications (PowerBI, Tableau, SAP Analytics Cloud)
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience working in an Agile team environment
- Ability to foster teamwork, and to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience leading and facilitating workshops with different types of stakeholders
- Ability to anticipate consequences of situations and be prepared for potential contingencies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex data to non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.