Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Specialist/DBA, Data & Analytics will respond as a Technical Data steward and the lead Database Administrator within the data management space.
This position will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Data & Analytics.
- Mine data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganize, integrate said data in a format that can be easily read by various stakeholders.
- Prepare reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Collaborate with programmers, data engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and contribute to policies for data governance.
- Elaborate the data Management processes (elaboration, update, communication)
- Create appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
- Develop rules and process to control the integrity (accuracy, thoroughness, process compliance) of all data within Data Warehouse and Big Data environment
- Analyze daily health of the data reporting operations. Identify and develop insight to reduce data quality issues and process gaps
- Lead Database Administrator activities linked to data management and Governance
- Provide business and technical inputs to Business Governance and Operational Management Committees, as appropriate acting as technical data steward
- Designing and maintaining data systems; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems.
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Demonstrating the significance of their work in the context of local, national, and global trends that impact both their organization and industry.
- 9-12 years of IT technology, operations and people leadership experience in a large company
- Advanced SQL, ETL Data Warehouse and Big Data experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Intelligence or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of Airline data management experience.
- 5+ years of Database Administration experience
- 2+ years experience with Snowflake.
- Experience with Dataiku Admin is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of data quality management and best practices.
- Working knowledge of data governance processes and SDLC.
- Understanding of data requirements gathering and ability to translate business requirements from stakeholders to technical development team.
- Must possess strong communication (verbal and written), research and interpersonal skills as well as excellent time-management and organizational skills, with a proven ability to be highly productive and efficient in a team driven environment.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, an investigative mentality, organizational and logic skills.
- Proven capability to gather, manage and synthesize large amounts of information efficiently, effectively and creatively with attention to detail. Knowledge of Airline terminology is a plus
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.