Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada, ranked among the top five most attractive companies to work for in Canada, is seeking a Business System Analyst within the Strategic Procurement group, who will be based at our Montreal Headquarters. Strategic Procurement (SP) is comprised of several Category Management teams and a Procurement Center of Excellence (CoE). The successful candidate will play a key role in leading and contributing to a broad range of procurement events. Given the cross-functional nature of procurement at Air Canada, this opportunity will provide interaction with key stakeholders in many parts of the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing the contingent workforce end-to-end process and implementing new technologies in a procurement department. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Procurement Operations – Optimization and will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in supporting the management of the contingent workforce program and deploying new technologies, as well as a commitment to excellence and innovation in the field of contingent workforce management.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and suppliers to gather information/feedback and communicate updates.
- Assist with the implementation of a new VMS solution/technology, including configuring and testing the system, identifying and resolving issues, and providing user training and support.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and optimization while ensuring alignment and compliance with Air Canada consultant policy, and industry best practices during the deployment phase.
- Participate in internal meetings, documenting updates and critical information relevant to finalizing requirements decisions.
- Provide context and rationale for requirements as necessary.
- Analyze the impact of the new solution on current workflows and make necessary adjustments to existing processes.
- Support in the gathering, formatting and loading of content into the solution and assist in the creation, management and execution of the test plan.
- Execute strategies to ensure the successful adoption of the new technology post-deployment, including change management initiatives and communication plans.
- Develop reports on key performance indicators related to the adoption of the new technology and propose recommendations for improvements.
- Provide ongoing support to end-users and vendors, including troubleshooting issues, providing training and guidance, and identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Conduct day-to-day operations and maintenance of the VMS technology.
- Support the governance of the contingent workforce program and stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices
- Participate in problem solving and contribute towards the development and implementation of process improvements to create value and minimize risk in assigned area of responsibility:
- Assist in testing technology releases.
- Propose improvements and identify areas in the technology that could be refined.
- Review test plans and action.
- Bachelor's degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field
- Experience in deploying and adopting new technologies.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in change management and communication planning
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment where attention detail is critical.
- Demonstrated customer focus aptitude.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience in managing contingent workers, preferably in a procurement department would be an asset.
- Experience using contingent workforce management solution, such as SAP Fieldglass, Beeline, etc.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.