Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
This role is responsible for managing, coordinating, and supporting the deployment and administration of the various resources required, including manpower, financial and equipment, to achieve operational and service excellence at the local level.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support a strong culture of excellence within the office by actively participating in local management meetings and decision making as an active member of the team and provide leadership during off peak periods and when managers are not present.
- Supports deployment of manpower resources in a dynamic contact centre environment and to anticipate, identify, and resolve staffing issues with a results-oriented approach. Direct movement of the workforce as required to protect performance. Act as primary local contact for Workforce Planning team.
- Manage local shift bid processes and liaise with Workforce Planning team and support development and implementation of local manpower plans.
- Manage vacation bidding, scheduling, and waitlist requests.
- Maintain employee info and schedules in Total View and databases
- Identify local training needs and coordinate with Corporate Training. Proactively ensure training plans are aligned with local operational requirements.
- In collaboration with the operational CSMs, responsible for performance management issues including identification of developmental needs and management of under-performance by coaching, counseling, and disciplining as required.
- Monitor attendance and identify excessive absenteeism and patterned absenteeism and assist Customer Service Managers with disciplinary process
- Identify employees who are abusing attendance programs and provide coaching and counselling to the local Customer Service Manager to reduce absenteeism levels and overall costs and maintain appropriate and thorough documentation of all files.
- Continuously communicate and collaborate with outside departments (i.e. Occupational Health Services, Disability Management, etc.) to establish and implement consistent return-to-work processes
- Handle all employee HR reporting including payroll exceptions, transfers, separations, and leaves. Act as primary liaison with HR departments and primary point of contact for local Union and employees on all scheduling issues, or payroll issues.
- Assume local leadership, as assigned, for specific local initiatives for process & performance improvement. Support local Manager Contact Centre as required.
- Analysis & Decision Making - Analyzes problems and situations, and their impacts on the business and its global network. Delivers commercial, fact-based, forward-thinking decisions.
- Strategic Thinking - Brings to life our vision of becoming “A Top 10 Airline in Everything We Do”. Aligns personal and workgroup activities to the organization’s strategic goals and leverages our global network and strength to provide value to our customers.
- Customer Centricity - Builds and delivers solutions for internal and external customers that meet and exceed their needs, identifying innovative opportunities that will benefit them, creating value added services, and working in partnership with customers to drive the business forward.
- Results Orientation - Manages performance, holding self and others accountable to effectively and efficiently complete work responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative, a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results, and acts on opportunities to create value.
- Building Collaborative Partnerships - Encourages personal achievement and excellence. Plays a part in attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. Ensures that all talent receives mentoring, training, feedback, and development opportunities.
- Adaptability - Responds resourcefully and shows nimbleness when faced with new challenges and demands. Effectively manages the pressures and complexities of various situations. Moves forward positively and productively under conditions of change or uncertainty.
- Building Talent - Establishes authentic, genuine, and open relationships inside and outside of the organization to build a foundation of influence. Fosters an inclusive culture that makes people feel valued and respected. Works effectively with others across the organization to achieve goals. Ensures that all functions (assigning work, performance management, training and development, succession planning, determining developmental needs, rewarding, and disciplining) are conducted in a fair and equitable way.
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility
- Excellent problem-solving skills: ability to generate options and apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results.
- Ability to influence, convince and create mutually acceptable solutions in the context of conflicts
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Perform efficiently under minimal guidance – making effective and innovative decisions
- Exhibit leadership qualities that elicit trust in employees and demonstrates good leadership judgment.
- Ability to work different shift patterns, including weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of the UNIFOR Collective Agreements and managing a unionized workforce
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English.
- Excellent PC skills (e.g. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, E-mail, Acrobat Reader)
- Call Centres experience is an asset
- Management experience is an asset
- Knowledge of Total View, ESS, ICBM is an asset
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.