Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Specialist, Cyber Security Risk will be working in a fast paced and innovative environment supporting the overall security posture of Air Canada’s technology environment. Air Canada’s cyber security systems are foundational to protecting the data and systems that allow its customers to fly safely. The Specialist, Cyber security Risk acts as the GRC tooling expert and as a security and risk subject matter expert providing guidance concerning IT risks and security assessments for Air Canada and its affiliates. He/she will evaluate Air Canada’s existing security systems to determine potential cybersecurity risks, provide inputs on security requirements for personal, commercial and financial data as well as the operation of Air Canada IT networks and infrastructure. Cyber security threats continue to evolve, and the Cyber Security team will evolve with it. This position will be reporting to Senior Manager, Cyber Security Risk
- Leads in the implementation or improvement of GRC tools by creating, developing and testing intuitive and user-friendly flows/layouts. Current solutions encompass Governance, Risks, Compliance, Policies, Third-party assessments, Vulnerability management, and potentially other use-cases.
- Leads in the development and implementation of the IT Risk framework to assess the risks quantitatively.
- Leads and advises on identification of cyber risks, communication, and development of best practices, and implementation of mitigating controls consistent with company strategy.
- Supporting the leadership team on strategic initiatives specific to the respective portfolio.
- Leads, monitor and advises on the execution of risk management activities and assessments.
- Provide expertise in the definition, selection and implementation of IT Security related controls.
- Coordinate with operational groups and business units to set up and implement various cybersecurity controls and measures.
- Lead the delivery of cyber capabilities for Air Canada.
- Advise on meeting compliance with information security policies and procedures.
- Generate security reports for IT administrators and business managers to evaluate the efficacy of security systems, activities and policies.
- Track and update risks.
- Support business initiatives, while making sure any Cyber specific risk introduced is properly managed.
- Represent the organization and take an active participation on different IT business or security airline specific forums.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
- 9-12 years of IT technology with a minimum of 5 years in an IT Security role, operations and people leadership experience in a large company.
- Archer administration experience or certification.
- Extensive information security understanding and knowledge.
- Certification in Risk Management or Analysis (CRISC, FAIR) (recommended).
- Certification in Information Security (CISSP, ISC, CISM) practices and policies (recommended).
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and independent worker.
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated.
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving (Critical thinking).
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted