Department: Line Maintenance
Union: IAMAW – Clerical
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
- Performs operational and/or administrative duties of a complex nature, using a variety of software applications. These positions require a high level of accuracy due to consequence of error and fines/penalties to the Company and/or loss of revenue. This position requires initiative and judgment.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Prepare letters & bulletins for Managers
- Prepare AME Service Anniversary (Monthly)
- Coordinate Command Upgrade frames
- Administer Locker requests
- Updating schedules and anomalies in Staff Admin
- Issue punch cards for new hires/transfers
- Assist with onboarding classes for Line Maintenance
- Assist with yearly shift bidding and vacation bidding
- Scheduling training
- Assist in AME internal transfer requests
- Ordering of office supplies
- Coordinate with GSOC (YYZ) for AME HID Cards
- Authorize & cancel RAIC cards for Line Maintenance (when required)
- Monitor & administer RAIC transfers for auditing purposes
- Maintain AME status changes (Base transfer, new hires, etc.)
- Assist with final checklist for AME retirements/resignations
- Assist the Base Admin Manager, Operations Manager, and Director on operational issues.
In addition to the above, may be required to perform the Tasks / Responsibilities as outlined in Assistant Coordinator and Coordinator Levels.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, as well as formatting and proofreading skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Aptitude for math
- Minimum 3 years office experience
- Some positions require the ability to take minutes
- Some positions require Licenses, e.g. Driver’s, MOT, AVOP etc.
- Some positions may require lifting and climbing.
- Some positions may require shift work and/or work staggered starting and stopping times
- Some positions may be exposed to weather conditions
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.