Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and ambitious individual to learn and progress in their career with Air Canada. The Financial Services Manager represents Finance and will work collaboratively with the Commercial branches of Air Canada, in support of the airline's business objectives and continued drive towards sustained profitability. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Services, the incumbent will be responsible for the following activities:
- Build effective relationships with the Aeroplan and Loyalty Management teams in order to provide financial guidance and support.
- Ensure effective financial management, processes/systems and controls are developed, implemented, and maintained in accordance with policies and requirements (month-end accruals/explanations, Interco transactions, outlooks, budgets, balance sheet reconciliations, business cases and contract negotiations).
- Develop and maintain meaningful reports, cost tracking mechanisms and KPIs with advisory and analysis (e.g., Month-end results variance reporting). Emphasis on automation and auditable detail reporting.
- The individual will be expected to build a strong understanding of diverse cross functional projects and intercompany agreements in order to support the definition and application of accounting processes.
- Support the Loyalty Management teams in developing financial evaluations and testing business cases (AFCs) and post-audit reconciliations.
- Work with the Loyalty team and Strategic Procurement team to support and deliver on the cost transformation initiatives set forth by the Air Canada executives.
- Provide guidance and training to the Loyalty business unit on Finance procedures, policies, financial systems.
- Ensure a consistently high-level of quality in service provided in terms of timeliness and accuracy – including automated checks and balances.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is required
- Accounting and/or business designation ( CPA, MBA, CFA) is required
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office. In particular, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Power BI or other data management or analytics tools an asset
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to analyze and report back on complex data
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with others
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted