Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The primary responsibility of this role is to optimize the Hong Kong and South-East Asia direct sales revenue through cost-effective deployment of digital marketing campaigns and SEM tactics. A secondary responsibility of this role is to provide generalist marketing and PR support in both B2B and B2C channels to local sales.
Success metrics include direct revenue increase, direct channel share increase, and brand loyalty and awareness ratings.
Key Functions & Accountabilities: (Responsibilities, Activities, Authority levels, etc)
- Plan, schedule and implement ACO promotions by owning the market promotional calendar, preparing campaign and contents briefs and coordinating with stakeholders to obtain all the internal and external approvals
- Prepare and evaluate post-campaign results to provide suggestions for future campaigns
- Drive incremental traffic to the ACO in collaboration with AC media desk and marketing and communications to devise cost-effective media-buy, metasearch engines, and SEM strategies
- Improve sales conversion rates of ACO visits and flight searches by championing development priorities of local ACO editions in HK and South East Asia
- Drive brand awareness and loyalty in both B2B and B2C channels
- Support the execution of local events from a communications, PR and marketing perspective
- Manage multiple PR agencies in Hong Kong and South East Asia to elevate local media engagement with interesting and locally relevant Air Canada news in the most cost-effective manner
- Support field sales’ ad-hoc requests from HK, South East Asia GSAs and South China in B2B and B2C marketing communications, such as design and production of marketing materials, official templates, images, printing of collaterals etc.
- Coordinate with translation agencies on the validation of Chinese versions (traditional and simplified) of all online and printed materials
- Act as the conduit between local sales and head office functions and ensure cohesion and alignment between pricing, marketing and communications, media desk, studio, translation agencies and brand where local campaigns are concerned
- Financial control over A&P budgets, monthly spend tracking to ensure dollars are spent optimally and evenly throughout defined campaign windows
- Regular review of creative assets to ensure alignment with brand guidelines, ensuring that brand guidelines are respected throughout all touchpoints
- Keep abreast on the latest local industry trends, metasearch engines and social media platforms to ensure Air Canada’s competitive edge in the local paid media landscape
- Performance metrics: ACO revenue, channel share & conversion rates, campaign ROIs
NOTE: ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY OR ALL OF THE FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES LISTED ABOVE PLUS ANY OTHER RELATED TASKS AS ASSIGNED
BY THE EMPLOYEE’S SUPERIOR.
- 2 years’ experience in the field of digital marketing (Essential)
- Knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing, media, display, social & search and SEM strategies (Essential)
- Experience of supplier and cost management (Essential)
- Excellent written and oral communications in English and Chinese (Essential)
- Proficiency with Office suite; Word, Excel & PowerPoint (Essential)
- Event marketing and management experience (Desirable)
- Experience within the airline or travel industry (Desirable)
- Possesses a data-driven mind-set to support effective decision making (Desirable)
- Experience leveraging and exploiting 3rd party data sources (Desirable)
- Experience working with multiple virtual teams and stakeholders across different timezones (Desirable)
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.