Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager, Cargo Communications and Product Marketing, the successful candidate will support the global commercial teams and General Sales Agents (GSAs) with promotional marketing activities (primarily for the EMEAI and APAC regions, as well as the global Summit team), including targeted customer and sales events and Air Canada Cargo’s participation in industry trade shows and conferences worldwide.
This role will collaborate with various stakeholders to plan and support events and tactical activities such as customer appreciation events (virtual or physical), manage Air Canada Cargo’s overall trade show experience through planning and related marketing needs, and manage the annual global sales meeting. In addition, this role will work in close collaboration with the Cargo Marketing Manager for the planning and distribution of customer gifts and marketing assets to support sales and commercial branch activities worldwide.
- Work collaboratively with the Manager, Communications & Product Marketing as well as the EMEAI, APAC and Summit Regional Sales and Business Development Managers to define promotional activities and events in their region that will support the team to achieve its objectives and ensure maximum visibility and customer engagement
- In collaboration with the wider marketing team and marketing managers, develop content for targeted emails; presentations and speaking engagements
- Manage marketing relationship with GSAs; establishes & manages comm channel
- Manage all aspects of event planning and budgeting for EMEAI, APAC and Summit customer appreciation events
- Manage all aspects of trade show planning, execution and budgeting, working in close collaboration with the Brand team
- Manage all aspects of budgeting and execution for internal events (Global Management Meetings, etc.)
- Provide support to the marketing team for content creation and event planning
- Work in close collaboration with the Sales Events and Memberships/Sponsorships Manager – Cargo
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent with a specialization in Marketing, Sales/Business, or Event Planning discipline preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant business experience, including experience in trade shows and premium customer events
- Airline, air cargo, logistics, B2B or supply chain industry experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work in English and French is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, and other business intelligence tools
- Familiarity with Digital Marketing tools, SEO an asset
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and mail merges; email and web searches
- Comfortable using online systems for event management; familiarity with Salesforce and Splash an asset
- Ability to manage budgets and supplier invoicing and related technology
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and proof-reading skills
- Good knowledge of current cargo business and industry
- Strong time management skills & attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Able to work independently & is self motivated
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Desire to exceed customer’s expectations
- Willing to travel and work evenings and weekends; ability to travel internationally
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted