Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is presently looking for for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full- time position as of a Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic.
The GSE maintenance professionals should have the following skill sets:
- Knowledge of drive-trains, diesel and gasoline engines, propane fuel systems, complex electrical and hydraulic systems, and metal fabrication and welding.
- Candidates should be able to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- High School diploma.
- Valid Automotive Service Technician, Commercial Transport Mechanic or Heavy Duty Mechanic trades certification.
- Inter-Provincial Red Seal.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in the trade.
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam.
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test an are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Advanced Fuel Injection & Diesel Engine Tune-Up certificates/licenses.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration certificates/licenses.
- Propane Fuel Systems certificates/licenses.
- Automotive Inspection certificate/licenses.
- Previous experience maintaining mobile ground power (generators), air conditioners (up to 110 ton), air start units (compressors up to 250 cfm), but will also consider experience in Farm or Heavy Industrial equipment.
- Current security clearance
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.