Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is presently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the full-time position of Aircraft Technician at our Toronto Maintenance Centre.
Aircraft Technicians are responsible for airframe maintenance and should have the following skill sets:
- Ability to use the correct tools, methods, techniques and equipment required to perform aircraft maintenance.
- Candidates should be able to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- Must also have ability to work independently, with resources via phone and computer. Being self-motivated and confident is an asset
Please take 2 minutes to watch the following video with more information about the Aircraft Technician/Aircraft Maintenance Engineer role: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuwqi8PokME
- High School diploma.
- You must have completed a recognized apprenticeship program, and/or have a least 2 years industry related experience.
- Possession of a Transport Canada Avionics E license, or working towards an E license and expected to obtain
- Possession of valid driver's license (Mandatory)
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam, physical and a security check.
- Be available to work night, evenings and days including weekends and holidays.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Ability to Pass and obtain an airside vehicle operator’s permit (Mandatory)
- Possession of a restricted radio operators permit (aviation).
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations depending on the work location. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Selection will be made in accordance with Letter of Understanding 13 of the current Collective Agreement
- Endorsements on Air Canada aircraft type.
- Current security clearance.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.