Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full-time position as a Building Attendant at Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Building Attendant is responsible for general facilities maintenance including organization and Janitorial duties
- Follow company procedures to identify and ensure adequate disposal and handling of waste materials and carry out other related duties as assigned
- Clean, maintain and organize hangars, equipment, and surrounding areas.
- Washing and refueling of ground equipment.
- General facilities maintenance and ensuring adequate disposal and handling of waste materials.
- Maintaining the work area in a neat and tidy condition.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to safety
- Identify safety concerns and assist to maintain the safety of co-workers and customers
- Escort Vendors as required
- Attend and complete training courses as directed by the company
- Ability to liaise with employees such as Line Maintenance, Stores, Team Leaders
- Various Miscellaneous duties
- Hazardous waste train would be an assist
- High school diploma or accreditation at that level is a must
- Technical diploma or graduate studies is desirable, or a combination of work experience and education is an asset.
- Dangerous Goods Transportation Certification (Asset)
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and applications
- Forklift training and current license (Asset)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations depending on the work location. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.