Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for a Lead Customer Experience Specialist at the Los Angeles Airport, California.
- Perform all duties of a Customer Experience Specialist
- Will be assigned to perform the duties of an Aircraft Service Coordinator as directed
- Under the direction of the Manager perform daily job duties for the Work Unit.
- Coordinate work assignments ensuring all agents maintain a high level of proficiency in all aspects of the job of Customer Experience Specialist \
- Allocate the available manpower to meet demands, including the booking of OT and granting of RO, changing of shifts and/or duty assignments as necessary with consultation of Mgt
- Assign, and reassign Agents as required due to operational needs as directed by Mgt and with the objective of maintaining proficiency in all job functions, ie: aircraft service coordinators
- Coordinate routine administration, operational requirements, including planning / calling of overtime as delegated by Mgt
- Assign daily lunch / breaks in a manner consistent with the collective agreement and the requirements of the work unit, providing for efficient use of available resources while protecting the operation
- Perform on-the-job training as required and directed by Mgt and / or Training Dept
- May be called upon to lead formal training classes, both basic and recurrent
- Liaise with other Work Units, ground handling Companies, Caterer, Governmental and Airport Authorities.
- Monitor and audit the provisions of contracted services, report on findings, recommend improvements.
- When assigned or in emergencies Coordinate all ramp handling functions.
- Investigate and complete Safety and Security reporting as required
- Preliminary accident investigation and report on findings, recommend action as required
- Ensure that all necessary supplies and material are on hand in sufficient quantity.
- Assist Customer Experience Specialists in the handling of VIP or irate customers as required
- Collect and compile statistical data.
- Ability to perform all the duties of a Customer Experience Specialist.
- Must be familiar with the duties of an Aircraft Service Coordinator.
- Must have the ability to use tact, good judgment and initiative.
- Must have demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Must have excellent oral, written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational skills – ability to organize work and direct the efforts of others in a productive non-threatening manner.
- Must wear Company uniform as prescribed and conforms to Company grooming standards.
- Possess a basic understanding of the principles of weight and balance.
- Must be able to work shift work including irregular shifts and overtime when required/directed.
- Must be able to lift (70) lbs. unaided.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.