Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Product Owner is responsible for building and maintaining the Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) product backlog for Canada’s largest airline and airline loyalty program. They will report into the Sr. Product Owner and Product Manager to oversee the software development life cycle. They should be able to bring together business and technical aspects of solutions to complex issues. The successful individual must be customer-centric and have a passion for data integrity. They should be comfortable working in a high-paced, high-energy, collaborative environment with a focus on a continuous product delivery model.
The candidate will enable a seamless and secure sign in experience across Air Canada and partner channels, as well as equipping Air Canada with the ability to personalize digital experiences across multiple platforms.
- Manage and lead the CIAM functions (i.e. single sign on, multi-factor authentication, account recovery, and profile management), ensuring prompt resolution of identity and access matters
- Balance data input with validation and integrity to safeguard customer experience
- Build the backlog of user stories. Create, and prioritize features within the backlog
- Collaborate with quality assurance, designers, and developers to ensure stories meet the definition of done
- Work as a primary point of contact on requirement elaboration, user story review, and story acceptance criteria
- Work closely with internal (e.g., Cybersecurity, Fraud, Loyalty, Partnerships, and Privacy teams) and external stakeholders to deliver valuable features
- Coordinate with other Product Owners and Sr. Product Owners to ensure dependencies are accounted for and enablers are properly prioritized
- Work with the Product Manager on program planning and roadmap
- Proactively identify issues and provide relevant and scalable recommendations
- A University degree in Computer Science, Business or Commerce, or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 1-5 years of experience working in an Agile/continuous delivery model required
- Prior experience working with APIs and building consumer facing digital experiences
- Prior experience with CIAM functions is strongly desired
- Innovative and creative with the ability to identify and document solutions to complex problems
- Ability to provide clear and effective communication to audiences of varying technical backgrounds
- Good time management, organizational and planning skills
- Prior experience with quality assurance a plus, but not required
- Coding or design experience a plus, but not required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted