Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Regulatory Compliance, Safety and Training dept, the Mandatory Airworthiness Supervisor (MAS) provides oversight and assistance in coordination for all mandatory Regulatory requirements within ACM. The MAS is part of the Quality Assurance and Compliance oversight group and must be detail oriented with regards to documented processes and standards within the MPM and MCM and the updating and evolution of these process and standards as they pertain to mandatory requirements.
The MAS assists with audits performed by regulators such as Transport Canada, FAA, EASA as well as IOSA and aircraft lessors regarding Airworthiness directives and Mandatory Airworthiness status, processes and standards.
This position reports directly to the Manager of technical records with a dotted line to the Manager of Quality Assurance and SMS programs.
The MAS guides Technical Data Controllers in regard to the updating of TRAX for Mandatory Airworthiness Items stats and close and out and coordinates, drives and assigns actions for MAREP meetings.
The MAS may have up to 2 Technical Data Controllers reporting directly to them.
- Interrogates the Transport Canada, FAA (US), EASA (European) & ANAC (Brazilian) websites to retrieve all new and revised Airworthiness Directives which are applicable to the Air Canada fleet of aircraft.
- Oversees Airworthiness Limitation Items (ALI’s)/ Certified Maintenance Requirements (CMR’s)/ Certified Maintenance Program (CMP)/ Canadian Aviation Regulation changes (as they pertain to MAR’s), to ensure these are captured by the appropriate engineering group for action and disposition.
- Controls and Oversees and Creates an ETQ document for record control and execution for each new or revised AD’s and issues to the appropriate engineering group for their action. Tracks the action and drives the timelines.
- Ensures appropriate MAR handling occurs within the compliance time intervals by holding MAREP meetings to drive, monitor and track required actions with all applicable depts. involved in the implementation.
- Issues and monitors and holds groups accountable for all MAR/MAREP action items via the ETQ / Change Management module and sets a “Rate of Accomplishment” (ROA) for planning group to ensure aircraft MAR’s are dispositioned and closed put within the compliance time required by the MAR.
- Monitors deferrals of specific MAR’s that result in not meeting the ROA and re-convenes a MAREP meeting to ensure compliance dates are not compromised and that aircraft are flying in an Airworthy and compliant state
- Develops the revision of and drives the continuous improvement of the MAR handling processes and standards.
- Contributes to the development and revision of the Technical Records processes and standards Provides coaching to TDC’s on an as needed basis.
- Provides support to the Import / Export Team and Technical Records during the acquisition or return of leased a/c by assisting in the research of historical documentation of all current and terminated AD’s. Assemble all applicable parties for a MAREP meeting to address and implement all applicable open AD’s/MAR’s into the Air Canada systems.
- Ensures that the process for data collection is effective and timely in order to provide a report that gives aircraft Airworthiness Directive status.
- Ensures quarterly reports and status of Airworthiness Directives (AD) are made available for Aircraft Fleet Managers for Maintenance Review Board meetings to identify all AD’s issued and to monitor ROA completion progress.
- Investigates safety reports as assigned by the Quality Assurance and SMS program triage team as part of the Safety Management System program.
- Participates in “Risk Assessments” in conjunction with the Quality Assurance and SMS program triage team as part of the Safety Management System program.
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Strong leadership and negotiating skills
Strong commitment to service excellence
Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Ability to work with changing priorities and fixed deadlines
Effective planning and organizational skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong facilitation skills
Enthusiastic and a team player
Good conflict resolution skills
Good coaching and counseling skills
Knowledge of ETQ Reliance an asset
Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) an asset
Technical Records background an asset
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.