Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Safety Assurance and Compliance – Airport, the Manager, Quality Assurance Airports is responsible for the design, implementation and assessment of the Airport Ground Operations Quality Programs & Processes in accordance with prescribed regulatory provisions including the Safety Management System (SMS) Programs, Processes and Manuals for the Airports (North America and International) branches. The incumbent is responsible for the Branch’s compliance to Transport Canada SMS and IOSA requirements.
Key Function & Accountabilities:
- Lead and oversee the Airport Quality Assurance program as the Quality Manager (QM) and represents the Airports North America and International branches at inter-branch meetings.
- Manage the design, implementation and assessment of the Airports Quality Programs, Processes and Documentation in accordance with prescribed regulatory provision;
- Lead and prepare the Airports Branches for all TC SMS and IOSA Assessments (internal and extrinsic audits)
- Manage the development and implementation of an internal quality audit schedule that will satisfy both regulatory and industry standards where necessary;
- Manage an audit trending process that facilitates the tracking of findings, observations and best practices;
- Provide technical expertise to the Branch SMEs with root cause analysis to ensure consistent HFACS coding
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and develop Corrective Action Plans of audit findings from external and extrinsic audits of the branch;
- Ensure audit standards are maintained to be consistent with corporate and branch/department audit procedures;
- Ensure the branch has established quality control processes within areas of safety, OSH, and other compliance programs relative to ground operations
- Ensure the development of standard audit checklists; inspection checklists.
- Communicate quality issues that could potentially threaten the safety and quality of the branch to the Director Quality Assurance and Risk Management
- Provide leadership and monitor activities related to effective quality and auditing to ensure timely closure of internal and external audit findings;
- Work closely with the Airport Quality Auditors to maintain records of auditor qualifications as per IOSA Standards;
- Responsible to ensure that Branch Business Processes specific to SMS and IOSA are documented, implemented, and reviewed annually;
- Ensure all Branch employees (Management & Non-Management) complete SMS training appropriate to their role and responsibilities;
College/University Diploma in a related field
5 years safety/training experience in an operational branch of the airline industry
2 years experience in conducting safety inspections or the equivalent
Accreditation or certification in Safety Management Systems preferred
Accreditation or certification in Quality Auditing and Quality Management Systems (ASQ, CQMgr, CQA, CQE, CQT, IOSA, ISAGO) preferred
Experience in one or more of the following areas: Above and Below Wing process and procedures, Environmental Compliance, Ground Support Equipment Maintenance, Security Regulatory Compliance. Experience working at the CSEQ level as both an Auditor and a manager safety are critical requirements.
Successful completion of:
Air Canada Aviation Safety Auditor (ASA) Training
Air Canada Aviation Quality Auditor (AQA) Training
Human Factors Analysis Classification System (HFACS)
Safety information Management System (SIMS)
Knowledge of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs and CASS)
Knowledge of the IATA operational standards (IOSA ISARPS)
Knowledge of the Canadian Labour Code an asset
Excellent oral and written communications skills
Excellent interpersonal skills working with various groups
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted