Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Scope/ Purpose of the Position:
The Maintenance Planning Analyst is responsible to track and maintain key points of data for the Planning businesses. Proactively collaborating with business unit managers and stakeholders, this role will ensure adherence to standards and targets, and provide the analysis and data points to understand contributing factors, trends and pain points to the business in developing efficient processes. The incumbent will manage KPIs and support the business teams in developing reports and tools useful to our operation.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Support the business with understanding their key metrics and inefficiencies in data collection
- Ensure the integrity and maintenance of the database including additions, deletions, research, corrections, and cleaning
- Evaluate and identify trends and discuss with teams on areas requiring focus
- Build and/or automate reports for the BUs reducing the amount of time lost manually collected data on historical information and future forecasts
- Identify opportunities to continually improve the quality of data management systems, processes (for all Teams), and standards
- Implement controls and compliance metrics to reduce data issues and improve data quality
- Leverage existing and implement new technologies in the data management arena to deliver improved accuracy
- Engage and partner with third party vendors, IT and other parties as required
- Takes a “hands on” approach to data cleaning as required
- Contribute to the development of user-friendly tools and templates to support process management / health evaluations
- Support the BUs by developing any ad-hoc reports or presentations that may be required to provide updates on KPIs or projects
- Develop along with the Application Specialists the creation of reports to monitor and maintain positive control over our systems
- Collect and analyze data (both quantitative and qualitative) in order to identify and validate improvement opportunities
- Collect, analyze and provide resultant data for the monthly reports on performance metrics
- Produce performance dashboards and translate data into visuals and insights
- Collect and analyze data for ways to improve the effectiveness and cost of Air Canada Maintenance Planning internal processes and programs and work with Air Canada Maintenance (ACM) stakeholder teams to develop improvement plans.
- 5+ years of relevant data collection and analytics experience
- University degree in related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of the Air Canada maintenance and operation an asset
- Self-driven and works well with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills involving data analysis.
- Excellent working knowledge with MS Office programs, TRAX, Netline and relevant IT systems used in ACM.
- Strong knowledge of data / reporting tools such as WebFocus, Power BI an asset
- Sense of initiative and proactive thinking
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to train, mentor and coach others
- Possess strong communication skills
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.