Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, International Network Planning will be responsible to define and grow Air Canada’s international route network and fleet deployment in accordance with corporate objectives for profitability, growth, and competitive market position. In collaboration with the Senior Manager, International Network Planning, they will develop and execute on strategic network initiatives to minimize cost and maximize revenues of the entire International Network.
Senior Manager, International Network Planning
- Work closely with the Sr Director of International Network & Alliances & the Senior Manager, International Network Planning to establish and execute strategies to maximize profitability of the entire international network
- Monitor booking trends on international markets and propose network adjustments when required in order to increase profitability
- Establish a strong working relationship with International Sales to develop market intelligence & identify latest market trends
- Build relationships with current and future Joint Venture partners to maximize the performance of the joint networks
- Monitor competitors and propose appropriate competitive responses to defend Air Canada’s market position
- Effectively liaise with all internal stakeholders including RM, Alliances, Finance to ensure that the international strategy is understood for a successful execution of the network vision
- Propose actions to optimize traffic flows at our hubs, balancing commercial objectives and operational constraints
- Work closely with the North America Network Planning team to ensure a coherent overall network strategy and optimize network connectivity
- Identify and evaluate new market/route opportunities for international expansion and growth
- Support the Senior Manager, International Network Planning in discussions with international airports, with the goal of identifying new business opportunities
- Ensure that the entire widebody fleet of Air Canada is deployed efficiently to maximize asset utilization
- Ensure all processes and procedures for competitive monitoring, hub optimization, and evaluation of network opportunities are efficient and effective; propose necessary modifications if/when necessary
- University degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years experience in the commercial branch of an airline is preferred
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to interact with executives, build relationships and obtain buy-in from stakeholders
- Ability to drive initiatives, work across organizations, and structure approaches to new opportunities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of the international competitive environment and the latest market trends
- Strong team orientation with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience in presenting and speaking publicly to represent Company interests
- Superior Word, Excel and PowerPoint capability
- Knowledge of NetLine/Plan, DiioMI, DDS, Schedule Manager
- Bilingual in English and French would be an asset
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.