Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full-time position as of a Line Expeditor in Toronto.
- Expedite, on a world-wide basis, material shortages and material supply to Line Maintenance, 3rd party and internal customers.
- Decide and implement procedures to satisfy parts requirements for material. Such supply procedures may include:
- Organize couriers to move critical and time sensitive parts.
- Work with other teams to provide reference documents to set up non recognized parts and effectivity issues in Trax.
- Investigate and review reports of aircraft deviations for Materials Management, Logistic and Supply.
- Communicating with Stores Duty Manager, Stores & Logistics, MOC, Line Maintenance, inventory groups and vendors, airlines, transportation companies.
- Assigning self-audits on orders in accordance to FAA & TCCA certification, execute and resolve Material Release process where required.
- Liaison with customs broker to arrange customs clearance.
- Participate in meetings and/or conference calls related to material supply.
- Authorize and respond to all material loans to other operators and process customer material and documents as required where the aircraft may have a potential of a disruption or may cause AOG.
- Respond to all queries by external airlines for parts support for their AOGs.
- To keep up to date vendor and airline communication list.
- Work with specialized couriers on best routing practice to obtain optimal delivery times.
- Prepare and execute customs documents after hours/weekends when required.
- High School diploma
- Experience in trade, an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- Be a team player
- Available to work a variety of day and night shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel
Conditions of Employment
- Eligible candidates must be eligible to work in Canada, have a valid driver's license and be available to attend full-time training (attendance is mandatory).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.