Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Provide administrative support to the General Manager, Airport Operations - LHR. The ideal candidate will be a team player with meticulous work standards, possess basic project management skills, be able to multitask and have exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Manage station invoice process & administration
- Main contact for supplier invoices related to the airport operation in London Heathrow
- Key liaison for external vendors/suppliers
- Manage employee requests (e.g. ID badges, uniform, phones & parking) & regional employees’ qualifications
- Maintain accurate records & filing of records (LBA, Air Travel Tax, Federal police)
- Assist with rostering & annual vacation planning
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, reports as required
- Coordinate meetings both locally and at remote locations, i.e. book conference rooms, meeting notices, hotels and flight, etc.
- Maintain efficient flow of procedures/processes
- Direct handling of confidential matters, i.e. correspondence, telephone queries, etc
- Maintain and replenish department supplies, while being accountable for expense control related to department budget
- Support departmental required projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in providing administrative support and affinity for numbers
- Sound knowledge and proficiency of computer skills, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent organizational skills: planning, priority setting and managing through systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: problem solving, customer focused, approachability
- A very high degree of diplomacy, discretion, professional maturity and judgement
- Ability to work well and maintain composure under pressure, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with rostering and manpower planning tasks
- Fluent in English, French is an asset
- Familiarity with the airline industry is considered an asset
- Must have the right to work in the United Kingdom unrestricted
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.