Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada leases facilities and office space at various locations and CRE provides real estate services support and expertise to internal customers located at these facilities as well as manages the relationships with the landlords. In addition, CRE engages various vendors for the maintenance of its owned facilities, for its Corporate services like food, printing, mail and distribution.
The Manager, CRE Leased Facilities and Vendor Management will oversee and be responsible for supporting a real estate portfolio comprised of leased airport and commercial space as well as the relationship with the lessors and internal clients. In addition, he will provide support to the other Managers in CRE by leading any contractual discussions or negotiations with CRE vendors. This includes advising on all contract processes relating to change in scope, operations, performance (SLAs), financials and disputes.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the landlords and internal customers as well as manage the contractual relationships
- Manage the Leased facilities Managers and provide support as required
- Demonstrate knowledge of key contract components and provide guidance to all CRE teams to ensure appropriate and streamlined understanding.
- Monitor that contract SLAs and audits are being performed as required to ensure that obligations are being met.
- For contract changes or extensions, will work with Strategic Purchasing and Legal to translate “negotiated intentions” into the contracts and ensure strong change control processes are in place.
- Manage vendor contract calendars to ensure full value of contracts are achieved.
- Work with CRE managers responsible for the contracts to develop, manage and proactively adjust performance measures (SLAs) to ensure maximum value for Air Canada.
- Maintain the required Governance structure: Contractual, Operational, Performance (SLA) and Financial ongoing reviews
- Work with CRE Managers to manage ongoing financials related to vendor projects.
- Work with Strategic Procurement and CRE Managers to create end of contract strategies supported by risk assessments and opportunities to plan for the longer term.
- Participate in annual Budget and perform financial analysis against current spend driven by new business demands.
- Manage lease agreements in conjunction with all CRE policies and procedures.
- Assist CRE managers in all aspects of the dispute resolution process with contracts
- Work with CRE Managers and vendors to identify any cost reduction, improvement or innovation opportunities that bring value to Air Canada.
- Work with internal customers and CRE teams to ensure clear communication of strategy and services; ensure customer feedback is included in vendor performance reviews.
- Establish and manage the annual operating budgets for the facility management services for each facility as well as monitor the other CRE Vendor agreements for spend
- Prepare reports for senior management to demonstrate performance oof vendors/landlords
- Build strong working relationships with Strategic Procurement, Corporate Security, Environment and all teams within Corporate Real Estate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably in Finance or Business Administration)
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience managing and negotiating large vendor agreements and leases
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with particular focus on relationship management.
- Excellent managerial skills and proven track record of successfully managing employees and ability to resolve conflicts
- Excellent analytical, organizational and planning skills as well as a great team player.
- Strong leadership with ability to work independently and with management at all levels of business.
- Innovative thinker who can act as an agent of change in a cross-functional team.
- Experience in financial analysis and evaluation.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to shift priorities on an ad hoc basis
- Organized and disciplined
- Highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial and able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Must be able to travel
- Available for occasional weekend and evening work in case of emergencies or special events
- Proficient in all MS Office products with excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to read floor plans and utilize CAD (an asset)
Conditions of Employment:
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.