Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The IT Business Partnership Team interfaces with Air Canada business units to ensure IT projects, programs and services are delivering business value. Working with business stakeholders, the Business Partnership team develops an in depth understanding of business strategies and priorities to develop long term capability and technology roadmaps identifying and prioritizing business needs with IT and external vendors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with assigned business unit stakeholders by understanding and anticipating business needs to represent them accurately within IT
- Defining business unit capability and technology roadmaps based on business unit strategy and desired outcomes
- Managing delivery of projects, program and technology enhancements for identified business unit(s)
- Identifying business value and support prioritization of projects and programs for IT portfolio
- Ensuring IT Service Delivery meet business unit requirements and stakeholder satisfaction
- Identifying and assessing opportunities to introduce innovation to business unit(s) driving increased business value
The successful incumbent will play a key role in shaping the future of technology at Air Canada and help set the path forward for internal and external customers.
We have multiple opportunities in the role Advisor, IT Business Partnership within the IT team in support of different areas of the organization: People, Culture and Communications, Revenue Management and Sales. Qualifications may be vary based on the dedicated area
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with assigned business unit stakeholders acting as a trusted advisor and key liaison and single point of contact between IT branch and assigned business unit(s) for all aspects of IT
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of business strategy and objectives working to obtain ‘a seat at the table’ with the business. Communicate and brief IT on business strategies and objectives and advocate for business priorities within the IT branch.
- Work closely with assigned business unit(s), understand issues and desired business outcomes, and help define the business capability and technology investment roadmaps needed to address issues, exploit opportunities, and deliver desired business outcomes.
- Create, maintain and proactively reprioritize a long-term business capability and technology roadmaps to meet strategic objectives and support the assigned business unit(s)
- Conduct business analysis, business process mapping and measurement to gather and understand business needs and document requirements for delivery of IT solutions.
- Ensure business case value is captured and documented. Partner with business stakeholders to create business cases and support business to prove post implementation measurement of business value realization
- Manage delivery and implementation for all projects and programs with direct business outcomes. Provide status updates to IT and business stakeholders, manage issues, and mitigate risks
- Ensure projects, programs and enhancements are delivered to meet business objectives and ensure stakeholder satisfaction
- Partner with IT and external vendors to ensure effective IT Service Delivery that meets customer expectations
- Work collaboratively with IT service managers to develop clear and concise communications with respects to incidents, problems, and change management as needed
- Educate and inform business stakeholders of IT services, service offering and important technology and cybersecurity changes
- Collaborate with IT and business stakeholders to identify, assess and proactively recommend innovation ideas where technology could be applied to address problem areas and drive business outcomes
- Keep abreast of industry trends and digital advances to identify new opportunities to drive business value
A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
9+ years of IT in a large company, relevant business function or with consulting or technology firm
Ability to listen, build rapport, and credibility with stakeholders in assigned business unit and with IT teams
Ability to elicit and map business strategy to required business capabilities and technology roadmap
Highly skilled and experienced at negotiating conflict and problem solving at senior level
Exceptional ability to lead change and drive project and program execution
Ability to influence others
Strong communication skills in writing, speaking and presenting including at Executive levels
Solid understanding of IT and how IT can enable business outcomes
Ability to translate business outcomes and capabilities into requirements to define IT solutions
Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environment or uncertain conditions
Strong coordination and interpersonal skillset to interact and bring together stakeholders across multiple areas of the airline
Possess a broad knowledge of technical and business resources with the organization and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external vendor resources
Self-motivated and independent worker
Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.