Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for a Customer Experience Specialist at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Honolulu. The current salary is $16.95/hr as per the collective agreement.
Provide customer service/experience
Check in Passengers, issue boarding pass, seat selection and verify immigration documentation
Check in baggage - ensure Company regulations regarding size/weight are complied with collect excess charges
Provide passengers with relevant information, including Customs and Immigration requirements
Perform Baggage Tracing duties
Coordinate the boarding of passengers onto the aircraft:
Operate loading bridges
Handle disruptions, irate passengers/oversells and those affected by irregular operations
Handle VIP's where applicable or no Concierge
Assist physically challenged passengers ensuring that all DOT regulations, accommodating all needs.
Handle and account for documents in accordance with Company regulations.
May be required to service First Class Lounge to provide check in, information assistance etc. to passengers.
Update records in PSS as required to ensure proper processing of passengers at next point of contact.
Maintain all Company standards including Uniform.
In the absence of Manager or Lead Customer Service Agents make, carry out and document decisions necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the work unit and protect Company interests
Ensure that all necessary supplies and material are on hand in sufficient quantity
Collect and compile statistical data
- Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative;
- Must be capable of expressing self in a clear and pleasant manner;
- Ability to work under pressure with a minimum of supervision;
- Must wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standards;
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time;
- Must, after training, be able to efficiently use the Company's automated reservations, ticketing and baggage tracing systems;
- Must be able to lift seventy (70) lbs unaided;
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record;
- Must be able to work shift work including irregular shifts and overtime when required/directed.
- Required to wear Company provided hearing protection when working in designated high noise areas.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.