Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager, HR Functional and Data Architect, this individual is responsible for supporting internal HR clients, more specifically pertaining to time and attendance, with their business requirements is responsible for recommending and implementing solutions to HR business challenges. This entails working with internal IT stakeholders, external development and vendor partners to implement changes and/or enhancements.
- Assess, coordinate and develop the business’ requirements for new HR system development in accordance with business needs and timelines. Areas of support within HR include HR Core, Time and Absence, Scheduling, etc.
- Work with business owners to develop the business case and obtain appropriate approvals
- Conduct systems analysis as it pertains to HR business requirements and client support
- Communicate analysis results and make recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Provide system specifications to IT and ensures changes are tested, implemented and communicated to user community
- Provide user support and procedures to user community when required.
- Monitor critical system issues and ensure resolution
- Maintain and update foundation and configuration tables
- Monitor data integrity and validate data anomalies
- Review and streamline end-user processes ensuring accuracy and efficiency
- 3-5 years of IT technology or HR experience in a large company, working in the HR systems environment would be an asset
- Experience working with Time and Attendance systems is an asset
- CHRA or an equivalent certification would be an asset.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.