Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join and work within the HR Data team which is responsible for recommending and implementing solutions to HR business challenges. Reporting to the Manager, HR Data, this individual is responsible for supporting internal HR clients with their business requirements and working with vendor partners to implement changes and/or enhancements.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assess, coordinate and develop the business’ requirements for new HR system development in accordance with business needs and timelines. Areas of support within HR include Benefits, HR Core, Compensation, Pensions, Training, etc.
- Work with business owners to develop the business case and obtain appropriate approvals
- Conduct systems analysis as it pertains to HR business requirements and client support
- Communicate analysis results and make recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Provide system specifications to IT and ensures changes are tested, implemented and communicated to user community
- Provide user support and procedures to user community when required.
- Monitor critical system issues and ensure resolution
- Maintain and update foundation and configuration tables
- Work closely with pertinent stakeholders
- Monitor data integrity and validate data anomalies
- Review and streamline end-user processes ensuring accuracy and efficiency
- 5-7 years of IT technology experience in a large company or 3-5 years working in the HR systems environment
- HR reporting or Power BI experience would be an asset
- Peoplesoft experience is an asset
- CHRA or an equivalent certification would be an asset.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.