Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Scope/ Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, the Manager DEI will be responsible to lead and deliver corporate strategic and tactical diversity & inclusion initiative programs for Air Canada’s DEI team. This includes facilitating the discussion within the various DEI committees and working groups. Additionally, the Manager DEI will act as a coach to branches, executives, HRDs etc…and is responsible for the implementation of initiatives under the action plan, aligned with business objectives.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Identify external trends and recognize best practices to increase diversity amongst the workforce.
- Facilitate and lead DEI committees and working groups to establish action items and priorities.
- Promote and coach people managers, branches, HRDs and HRAs in implementing workplace policies and process that are inclusive and barrier free.
- Deliver on DEI strategies, initiatives, and programs across Air Canada.
- Partner with HR and Talent Acquisition to drive the DEI model and ensure DEI is integrated into HR initiatives.
- Facilitate and coach business leaders to integrate DEI initiatives, programs and projects to build diverse teams and foster an inclusive work environment.
- Build collaborative partnerships with business leaders across the organization to support the achievement of DEI goals, objectives and training.
- Act as a subject matter expert to internal and external partners on diversity and inclusion best practices and programs.
- Conduct needs assessment, lead development and implementation of DEI education and training initiatives that will further enhance the organizations DEI capabilities.
- Ensure DEI tools and resources are current and identify and implement new ones to drive company-wide D&I objectives.
- Act as subject matter expert as key diversity advisor, providing purposeful talent advice and expert knowledge to the Talent Acquisition team, internal / external clients and hiring managers based on market intelligence, best practices and changing business needs with talent implications.
- Establish a strong partnership with internal clients to proactively deliver solutions in all aspects of the talent acquisition process to identify and attract top talent with a primary focus on people with a disability and Indigenous candidates.
- Promote and develop training programs to enhance employee understanding on inclusion issues.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting related to DEI metrics.
- Engage with all employees with compassion and cultural sensitivity.
- Collaborate with other DEI team members to elevate Air Canada’s DEI profile both internally and externally.
Have an understanding and awareness of diversity, equity and inclusion issues and best practices.
Show commitment to the continual progression of diversity, equity and inclusion policies.
Have an awareness of global and cultural issues and have strong initiative and managerial courage with a high level of diplomacy and tact.
Have relationship management experience and the ability to establish and maintain relationships with, and influence people at all levels of an organization and with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences.
Have strong presentation/communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate ideas and concepts verbally, visually and in writing.
Demonstrate strategic and innovative thinking and planning- abilities to evaluate the broader context of Air Canada to effectively align, integrate and plan DEI team deliverables and activities.
Able to anticipate, evaluate and mitigate challenges and/or amplify opportunities to ensure effective communication, delivery and adoption of DEI strategic initiatives.
Able to identify, understand and work within the unique dynamics of stakeholders- both as individuals and as groups- to drive collaboration while building and maintaining effective relationships.
Able to own and deliver Air Canada’s DEI strategy to generate engagement, commitment and visible support with employees at all levels of the organization.
Strategic thinking and organizational skills with a business drive to succeed within a dynamic team environment is imperative.
University degree in Human Resources, social science or equivalent experience
8-10 years of experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion experience
Experience developing strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
Excellent project management skills / or in change management
Must have excellent communication (written and verbal)
Preference will be given to bilingual candidates
Deep understanding of Canadian employment (including Employment Equity Act) legislation.
Must be available and willing to travel when required
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.