Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the development of branded video content: Digital content campaigns that strive to increase Brand affinity.
He/she will be responsible for the production of digital, social media, and broadcast video content; conceive and develop video content concepts, in collaboration with the Brand team and/or external marketing partners; maintain production timelines and budgets; negotiate vendor, talent and location agreements; and supervise production vendors.
The incumbent is a creative thinker, capable of handling multitude projects/tasks of varying complexities, at the same time. He/she understands how to plan in brand and retail environments, the importance of paying attention to detail, and is extremely organized.
Key functions & Accountabilities
- Responsible for the management, development, and implementation of content video strategies.
- Oversee production for all video content, from planning, to ideation, to development, to distribution and implementation, through to amplification and tracking;
- Source, negotiate and supervise vendors to see a project to completion;
- Scope projects and problem-solve to bring the highest quality of craft within time and budget parameters;
- Act as the liaison between campaign managers, creative teams including art directors and copywriters; and the production vendors including directors, technicians, and talent;
- Contribute to the conceptual development and refinement to help keep ideas on time and on budget when challenges arise;
- Drive production forward to ensure timelines are being met and budgets are being adhered to;
- Negotiate, renew, and maintain UDA/ACTRA Talent contracts;
- Supervise the post-production, including editing and sound mixing, to make sure the final product is delivered as planned as per creative vision;
- Develop and implement process that ensures video content is high quality, delivered on time, and within budget;
- Demonstrate strong project management skills including: analysis; driving alignment; planning resources; managing across teams; managing milestones and objectives and responsibility for overall campaign success;
- Negotiate and oversee production arrangements (location contracts, shooting schedules, product and personal availabilities, etc.).
- Lead the editing, encoding, digitizing and packaging of audio and video outputs.
- When required, direct talent, and audio & image editing.
- Lead, develop and set best production practices, educate team on copyright laws;
- Propose, evaluate, and negotiate potential vendor partnership agreements;
- Research and report on production trends and innovations.
- Collaborate with Content Marketing and Brand teams, to ensure that output drives brand goals and Customer engagement.
- 5-7 years’ experience in similar position
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing or Audio / Video Production from a recognized institution
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Must be passionate about brand communications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under tight deadlines
- Team player
Conditions of Employment:
Bilingual English and French is required.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.