Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
This position reports directly to the Station Manager and develops and implements the strategic and mid term tactical plan for the operational needs of this functional area. The MO provides guidance to all departments and ensures the required resources, equipment and facilities necessary to achieve operational targets and measures are in place.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- To action and maintain multi level and multi directional communications with key internal and
- external interfaces and ensure total product delivery.
- Proactively maintain an awareness of developing operating constraints to ensure the best station plan or solution is delivered
- Ensure that valid day-of-flight opportunities, constraints and recovery options are identified by all branches and that the customer impact and down line implications are considered in the decision making process
- Act as a change facilitator for process and procedural improvement
- Ensure safety standards are consistently maintained
- Implement and direct the strategic vision to drive improved station results
- Ensure the alignment of corporate and station goals
- Provide the necessary resources, tools, daily gating plans and communication strategies to optimize station performance
- Communicate goals, objectives, expectations and performance targets
- Build high performing teams which communicate effectively within cross functional areas
- Support and recognize team and individual success
- Be pro active in supporting succession planning and management development
- Promote and manage a corporate culture of accountability and ownership
- Participate in the development and enhancement of corporate and station initiatives
- Foster an effective business relationship with external providers
- Liaise with SOC and demonstrate efficient resolution of scheduling issues
- Analyze trends and statistics for performance efficiencies and effectiveness
- Drive accountability for revenue enhancement and cost containment
- Be recognized as a role model for leadership excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work long and irregular hours
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Must demonstrate solid operational background
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility
- Personal Computer skills is an asset
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or academic equivalent is an asset
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.