Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The primary focus and responsibilities of the Air Canada Concierge Agent is to provide personalized service, recognition and attention to detail to Aeroplan Super Elite 100K, other top tier members and Signature class customers in the airport environment. (Arrivals, check-in, departures, transfers, and lounges).
The concierge agent must pay particular attention to our AC VIP customers’ needs and provide excellent service at all times, in line with the customer service guidelines and the corporate safety rules. He / She must be able to solve all kinds of problems and know who and how to ask for assistance. By developing professional, positive relationships with our most frequent customers, the concierge will help develop brand loyalty.
In particular, the concierge agent is required to:
- Be present at Check-in to greet and acknowledge premium customers and escort to the Lounge if required.
- Assist at Flight arrivals / Flight departures with premium customers’ concerns i.e. assisting with ticketing, upgrades, connections, baggage retrieval and any last-minute arrangements.
- Assist at Gates with boarding premium customers.
- Meet and acknowledge premium customers at the Lounges.
- Liaise with the 24 / 7 Concierge Desk when required.
- Network with other Global Concierge Agents at other Stations and with local representatives (Hotels, OAL’s).
- Provide solutions for premium customers, in case of irregular operations.
- Maintain daily reports on the concierge activities, log problems and follow through when required.
- Liaise with Canadian Concierge groups to provide support / assistance in dealing/handling with high profile/premium customers.
Impeccable social manners
Excellent Customer service skills and commercial sense
Excellent professional appearance and grooming standards
Strong interpersonnel skills
Ability to work in a multicultural environment and demonstrate diplomacy & courtesy
Strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to prioritize and plan daily workload according to the demands of the operation
Strong ability to solve problems and find solutions, in line with the corporate guidelines and policies
Solid ability to work using own initiative
Ability to work well within a team
Strong knowledge of AC product and procedures, including
Ability to adapt to various situations and changing procedures
Excellent knowledge of English and French (written and oral) – the knowledge of additional foreign languages is an asset
Internet, emails, Word; Excel proficiency and use of ALTEA reservations system
Ability to travel (seminars, training, etc.)
Obtain an airport pass
Wear AC Uniform according to the Air Canada uniform and grooming policy
Comply with Airport security and safety rules
Degree / Diploma in Tourism is an advantage
Experience in a similar role is an advantage
Ticketing knowledge is a plus
Right to live and work in the country
Shift work is required (including on weekends and bank holidays) as can be overtime in case of irregular operations
Schedule changes can happen depending on service needs (e.g. irregular operations, reduced headcount, etc.)
Night work can be required depending on the flight schedules decided by the company
Conditions of Employment:
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.