Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager, Routes Marketing Domestic, Sun and U.S., the Routes Marketing Manager, Domestic, Sun, U.S. is responsible for the management, development and implementation of marketing campaigns supporting Air Canada’s leadership position on all POS Canada flights to the U.S., Sun destinations and within Canada, as well as calendar cycle retail campaigns.
This marketing position involves management of integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns (awareness, engagement, revenue generation) in owned and paid channels, and is a critical collaboration position working with internal stakeholders including Revenue Management, AC Media Desk, AC Sales Tourism Partnerships, Aeroplan Loyalty Management, AC Marketing Ops, AC Studio, Marketing Analytics, AC Sales Communications, requiring a mix of strategic thinking, execution and management skills to drive incremental revenue.
The Routes Marketing Manager must be passionate about retail and digital marketing, possess excellent analytical skills, be innovative and creative, and able to maintain a relationship of trust with peers, partners, internal customers, and external communication agencies.
Description and responsibilities
- Develop, manage and lead all execution aspects for route support marketing campaigns and initiatives within the portfolio including but not limited to mass and targeted campaigns (e-mail, digital, social, print, TV, OOH, sem, etc.)
- Develop B2C marketing assets and content based on business and commercial inputs received from various internal stakeholders (RM, Global Sales, Brand, etc) for use and distribution through various channels including but not limited to email, social, paid digital, ACO, print, video.
- Propose marketing strategies and solutions including tactical mix, channel mix and messaging strategy working in collaboration with Revenue Management, Aeroplan Loyalty Management, Revenue Management and Sales departments to identify and proactively solve upcoming route issues.
- Coordinate, execute and support in the management of relevant tourism/business partnership marketing campaign allowing Air Canada to have stronger visibility and reach in specific markets
- Working closely with the Marketing Analytics teams, monitor, analyze and report back on campaign results, demonstrating campaign ROI , deriving actionable insights for use in future campaigns and continually improve the effectiveness of marketing communication campaigns
- Manage and execute weekly B2C Deals of the week email, working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure brand identity and guidelines are respected, and defend strategies and media choices
- Accountable for ensuring accuracy, cohesiveness and legality of information contained in all communications
- Regularly prepare presentations and actively participate in meetings with airline leadership to facilitate strategic decisions.
- Manage external service providers and agencies, overseeing the marketing budget for respective portfolio including issuing of PO’s, purchase commitment authorizations, invoicing, billing and reconciliation
- Act as a subject-matter expert and consultant to business units developing.
- Develop strong, cross-functional, cooperative working relationships with other branches impacted by route support marketing initiatives (AC Studio, Analytics Marketing Ops, Web Team, CRM Planning, ACMD, Revenue Management, Sales Communications, Network Planning, AC Sales, Corporate Communications), etc.
- Think strategically to contribute to new ideas and best practices based on key industry trends and assist the conversion process with an analytical, insights driven approach to solutions, contributing to the achievement of corporate annual objectives and targets with integrity
- Prioritize projects and campaigns in keeping with corporate and brand objectives
- Actively participate in the annual marketing-communications planning process
- Actively monitor market trends and competitor activities
- Provide support to Director, Routes Marketing as assigned
- University degree in Business, Marketing option or equivalent
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Bilingual – Proficient in grammar, spelling and punctuation in English and French
- Practical knowledge of digital mediums including internet and social media channels
- Agency experience – an asset
- Retail marketing experience – a considerable asset
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills
- Highly motivated to succeed with energy and enthusiasm
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to produce quality work in an ever-changing business and a strong desire to use your initiative and take accountability for your work.
- Strong communication, presentation and networking skills and experience in working with people at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good listener, and ample communication skills
- Comfortable working independently and within a team environment assisting colleagues whenever possible
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and requests from competing stakeholders, move quickly and effectively and consistently aligning day-to-day responsibilities with wider corporate strategy
- Explicit attention to detail and accuracy
- High levels of ingenuity, creativity, and initiative
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.