Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Head of Investor Relations/Corporate Sustainability, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability teams.
Role and responsibilities:
- Manage Head of IR and Corporate Sustainability calendar, including interacting directly with regulators, board members, senior management, shareholders or potential investors.
- Oversee project planning and completion for the various services.
- Perform general administrative tasks, including responding to telephone/email queries, producing expense reports, taking meeting minutes, preparing letters, handling department’s mail, maintaining sufficient office supplies, IMAC requests, vacation management/tracking for team, filing documents, processing courier packages/envelopes electronically, reserve conference rooms, book hotels and flights, etc.
- Assist Head of IR and Corporate Sustainability with inbox, draft emails and proof-reading.
- Maintain proper records of all invites/committed events: bank schedules, registration information, conference coordinator contact, 1x1 coordinator contact etc.
- Register AC for confirmed investor conferences.
- Book and coordinate events (on-site, off-site, room, materials etc.) Arrange meetings/phone calls internal and external.
- Handle budget review, consolidation and tracking.
- Assist with the drafting and coordination of legal agreements concerning the service.
- Participate in RFP processes, from requirements drafting to review of proposals.
- Schedule meetings, phone calls, conferences, and marketing days.
- Update CRM with all IR activities, in real time.
- Update IR calendar with all IR events.
- Under the direction of Head of IR and Corporate Sustainability, distribute industry research and save and distribute AC research.
- Research investors and potential investors and their companies using surveillance tools. Produce reports.
- Assist with the organization and coordination of quarterly conference calls/webcasts and notify all necessary parties of the dial-in numbers and URL.
- Assist in the production of various public disclosure documents, including the quarterly MD&As, AIF and Annual Report.
- Produce PowerPoint presentations.
- Update web and intranet for Investor Relations, Corporate Sustainability, Linguistic Solutions or Air Canada Foundation information.
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of Investor Relations, Corporate Sustainability and Air Canada Foundation sections of the Air Canada website and request any necessary updates.
- Monitor [email protected] and [email protected] and handle all incoming emails.
Knowledge and skills:
- DEC in Office Systems Management
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in administrative and office support
- Knowledge of the airline industry would be an asset
- Experience in finance would be a nice-to-have
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms
- Strong organizational skills, reflecting the ability to prioritize and multi-task seamlessly with excellent attention to detail. Project management experience is an asset.
- Team player
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders (e.g. employees, customers, sell-side analysts)
- High degree of diplomacy, discretion, maturity and judgment
- Fully bilingual (oral & written) in English and French
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Fast learner
- Autonomous and dynamic
- Applicant must be flexible and willing to work extended hours on occasion; strong personal initiative and have the ability to work in a confidential capacity, with little or no supervision
Conditions of Employment:
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.