Flying on the Air Canada Team
Have you ever dreamt of travelling the world? Of being part of an industry-leading team striving to reach new heights? Of graciously welcoming and hosting over 40 million customers annually as they embark on memorable, and life-changing travels? Of proudly representing Canada on the world stage?
You will play a critical role in helping take us from the Best Airline in North America to becoming a top-10 Global Airline. You will be a brand ambassador for Air Canada, helping us shape the next chapter of our 80-year story. Every trip is special, and that starts and ends with attracting the best people to our team.
The world needs more Canada, and we are proud to share the qualities that make our country great with our customers: empathy and warmth delivered with care and class. As a team of ambassadors for Canada and Air Canada, through your passion for service excellence you will deliver unforgettable customer experiences every time we fly.
We’re proud to share some of Air Canada’s most recent recognition:
- 2019 Skytrax World Airline Awards: Best Airline in North America
- Business Traveller Magazine: Best Flight Attendants in North America
- 2017 Indeed: One of the 25 best places to work in Canada
Voted recently as Business Traveller Magazine’s Best Flight Attendants in North America, our Flight Attendants are ambassadors of the customer experience onboard each Air Canada flight. Roles of our Flight Attendants include safety professional, caregiver and service provider. The Flight Attendant demonstrates a sincere desire to be of service to Air Canada’s customers and effectively handles diverse and challenging situations with poise and diplomacy. Air Canada’s Flight Attendants make an immediate and lasting positive impression.
- Every trip is important. Air Canada Flight Attendants offer the care and class that Canadian hosts are renowned for.
- Air travel can be stressful and we can help. Air Canada Flight Attendants put themselves in our customers’ shoes, acting with warmth, graciousness and dignity to provide the most elevated, comfortable and safe flying experience possible.
- Air Canada Flight Attendants are ambassadors of Canada. As Canada’s flag bearing carrier, we’re proud to share our Canadian values with the world and provide a customer experience as unique as our great country.
- A minimum of 18 years of age.
- You must be able to travel! Please provide us with a valid Canadian passport that allows travel to all countries served by Air Canada.
- Ready to wear our uniform perfectly and adhere to impeccable personal grooming standards.
- Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role.
- To ensure that you have the security clearance required by Transport Canada, we will undertake a criminal background check on all candidates.
- It is important to ensure our Flight Attendants get the best training. possible. You will participate in our 7-week, full-time, Air Canada Flight Attendant training program held in Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal.
- A flexible work schedule with irregular working hours are part of the job, so availability includes shift work (mornings, evenings, weekends) stat holidays and on-call shifts
- As Canada's flag carrier, we're proud to offer bilingual services. Candidates who speak both English and French fluently are preferred. As well, if you speak one or more of the following languages, make sure to let us know: Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, Italian, German, Arabic, Hebrew, Portuguese, Greek, Danish, Dutch, Hindi, Punjabi and Turkish.
Key Success Factors
- Safety is your priority: You will have a safety-first attitude, always.
- Customer-obsessed: You will strive to deliver experiences that are exceptional in every way, creating a relaxing and enjoyable bookend to every trip.
- A gracious Canadian host: You will represent the best of Canada and exemplify the qualities that make our country great: hospitality, warmth, care, empathy, and the kind of
- Always wins as a team: To deliver an elevated experience, you will value the power of working as a team through strong communication, mutual respect and natural leadership.
- Naturally adaptable: Air travel is ever-changing. This requires you to be flexible, adaptable, available and solution oriented at all times, while acting with the utmost care and kindness.