Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Provide Administrative Support to the Managing Director, Planning, Supply Chain and Logistics of Air Canada. The ideal candidate will be a team player with meticulous work standards, possess intermediate project management skills, be able to multitask and have exemplary interpersonal skills.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide overall administrative guidance and support to Senior Directors.
- Maintain efficient flow of procedures/processes and take initiative to review/analyze the status quo and recommend
- Direct handling of confidential matters, i.e. correspondence, telephone queries, etc.
- Manage all correspondence, internal and external, respond as required and as appropriate.
- Coordinate meetings both locally and at remote locations, i.e. book conference rooms, meeting notices, hotels and flight, etc.
- Prepare, coordinate and distribute meeting material, e.g., agenda, reports, etc.
- Conduct daily calendar management (Outlook) and proactively adjust schedule based on priorities.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, reports as required.
- Create/maintain contact lists and spreadsheets.
- Complete expense reports
- Manage vacation, attendance for group as required.
- Monitor and provide updates on departmental budget.
- Maintain accurate records & filing of records.
- Provide assistance with special projects as required.
- Proactively follow up with team members to ensure that all deliverables are achieved in real time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Diploma or Degree in Administration and/or Communication with experience managing multiple projects, as well as 5+ years of related experience supporting upper-management.
Sound knowledge and proficiency of computer skills, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
Excellent organizational skills: planning, priority setting and managing through systems.
Excellent communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills: problem solving, customer focused, approachability.
A very high degree of diplomacy, discretion, professional maturity and judgement.
Ability to multi-task never sacrificing quality
Proven customer orientation and ability to work with various client levels
Ability to work well and maintain composure under pressure, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision
Familiarity with the airline industry, an asset.
Graphic Design experience, an asset.
Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, on occasion.
Some limited travel may be required.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.