Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Flight Crew Scheduling Manager, the Simulator Planner is mainly responsible to build an efficient simulator schedule for all recurrent as well as qualifying training under the provisions and requirements outlined in the pilot’s collective agreement.
- Plan and schedule simulator training for all pilots by fleet type
- Plan pilots for their annual recurrent training (A.R.T.) when required
- Liaise with Fleet Efficiency Managers (FEM) to ensure Check Pilot availability
- Notify pilots of their planned simulator sessions in a timely manner
- Ensure that all training is entered into Netline in a timely manner to maintain schedule integrity
- Action additional training opportunity (ATO) sessions as required
- Forecast upcoming training requirements and instructor availability
- Maintain data entries in Netline, Flight Administration Crew Tracking System (FACTS), ATLAS and Excel Spreadsheets
- Liaise with each fleet’s FEM and Training Manager to maintain updated information on all Contract Instructor (CI) and Flight Instructor (FI) qualification and manpower requirements
- Communicate with Crew Planning on PBS bidding eligibility for pilots returning to work
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge of all relevant policies, procedures, rules and regulations as well as Collective Agreements
- Process Hotel/Transportation and Deadhead bookings as required
- Maintain simulator volunteer list as well as coordinate simulator volunteers as required
Other related duties include:
- Send APIS messages when required
- Coordinate distribution of schedules
- Respond to queries from pilots
- Post-secondary education
- Formal training in Safety Management - must be completed within six months of appointment. (provided by Air Canada)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Bilingualism in both English and French is an asset
- Great computer skills. Thorough working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel
Experience / Business Knowledge
- Solid commitment to the position
- Strong focus on On Time Performance (OTP) requirements
- Ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Must have excellent organizational and planning skills, proven ability to handle multiple priorities and work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to keep and monitor records effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and problem solving skills; able to apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results
- Familiarity with Collective Agreements, Company Policies and/or Government Regulations
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and achievement of objectives while maintaining positive and productive relationships both within and outside the work group
- Previous scheduling experience a definite asset
- Familiarity with Netline and FACTS an asset
- Previous airline operational experience, an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.