Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada, ranked among the top five most attractive companies to work for in Canada, is seeking a Procurement Operations Analyst within the Strategic Procurement group, who will be based at our Montreal Headquarters.
Strategic Procurement (SP) is comprised of several Category Management teams and a Procurement Center of Excellence (CoE). The successful candidate will play a key role in leading and contributing to a broad range of procurement events. Given the cross-functional nature of procurement at Air Canada, this opportunity will provide interaction with key stakeholders in many parts of the organization.
This role requires someone who will be a key contributor to the procure-to-pay process for Air Canada, as we expand internationally and focus on improving customer service. The successful candidate will apply a passion for collaboration to obtain the best value for the airline and to develop mutually beneficial relationships with internal customers and suppliers.
The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Procurement Operations and plays a key role in the successful interaction between Procurement, internal customers and suppliers to ensure an efficient application of the Source-to-Pay process. The individual in this role will support the purchase and follow-up of assigned materials, equipment, and services and demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of requisition administration and processing, customer service, and communication.
- Oversee internal customers’ requests and execute the requisition triaging process for all spend:
- Manage the downstream requisition and purchase order process and tactical sourcing requirements below the threshold where Strategic Procurement becomes involved. Enables the transition to more of a ‘self-serve’ model for low value/low risk sourcing requirements, based on predefined criteria.
- Execute low-value sourcing initiatives (e.g. 3 bids and a buy).
- Gather specifications/requirements
- Research market to identify potential suppliers
- Solicit bids from vendors
- Review terms & conditions and evaluate competitive bids
- Finalize and process requisition in Ariba for approval routing
- Follow-up with vendors as required
- Triage requisitions for the internal customer’s procurement needs (material, equipment, and services) after determining all elements of the request are within established policies and procedures.
- Review inventory and research opportunities to leverage preferred suppliers.
- Perform follow-up services and review transactions with aging exceptions, aging receipts, no invoices and aging purchase order’s past delivery dates. Communicate any unfavorable trends to category managers.
- Develop and run Procurement operational reports. Communicate to key stakeholders as needed.
- Operate within set Service Level Agreements to ensure service delivery to the stakeholders is achieved.
- Become a change agent for the SAP Ariba suite. Respond to internal customer’s inquiries and complaints in a constructive manner by taking active steps to address and solve problems.
- Collaborate with the Managers, Strategic Procurement to finalize their contract events
- Conduct Quality Assurance check on contract workspaces in Ariba.
- Create and manage contract terms document (item & supplier level contracts).
- Extract, analyze, and report data/invoice trends in support of category managers.
- Support end-users as required.
- Participate in problem solving and contribute towards the development and implementation of process improvements to create value and minimize risk in assigned area of responsibility:
- Assist in testing technology releases.
- Propose configuration improvements and identify areas in the buying channel setup that could be refined.
- Prepare test plans and action.
- University degree in a relevant field of study (Commerce, Supply chain, Finance) or equivalent combination of training and experience in procurement, contract administration, customer service or supply chain.
- Experience using procurement technology, specifically SAP Ariba.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to exercise independent problem solving and decision making with initiative and self-coordination.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment where attention detail is critical.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as needed to achieve departmental goals.
- Demonstrated customer focus aptitude.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills.
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.