Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Cargo Sales Executive is responsible for selling cargo products and services in their geographic zone in accordance with the cargo commercial policy defined by the company.
They assist the Director, Cargo Sales France, Spain and Portugal in implementing the company’s cargo sales strategy and in all their activities. By effectively managing the client portfolio for their territory, they contribute to achieving the sales and revenue targets set for France. They work in close and permanent collaboration with the Cargo Reservations Sales and Cargo Operations teams in France, Europe and Canada.
The Cargo Sales Executive has the following main duties:
- Develop the client portfolio by assessing the various clients’ commercial potential, and by prospecting and soliciting new clients in the assigned territory
- Negotiate commercial agreements that meet the company’s sales objectives
- Propose and implement commercial action plans after approval by the Sales Branch
- Track revenue and account performance and implement corrective actions
- Monitor pricing and distribution
- Monitor changes and developments in the offer of services to clients, cargo procedures, etc. to stay up to date on the cargo product
- Develop solid business relationships with partners and key market players, in order to optimize and grow revenues
- Manage and facilitate commercial contracts (set up meetings with clients, provide regular information on the AC product, implement sales tracking indicators, etc.)
- Participate in fairs, workshops and trade events on behalf of Air Canada
- Carry out market analysis and gather competitive intelligence (fares, products, sales promotion activities)
- Create and update client and market databases
- Draft activity reports and set up commercial sales and reporting statistics based on the needs of the Cargo Sales Branch
- Participate in department business meetings
- Communicate and work with the Cargo and Passenger teams in France and abroad
Good knowledge of the cargo market
Experience in managing a regional portfolio
Good knowledge of the freight business and the freight market in the Paris region
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in International Business, Sales or Commercial Negotiation
Very good English and French skills (written and spoken)
At least 3 years of previous sales experience, preferably for an airline company
Driver’s licence and personal vehicle
Solid computer skills (internet, office software, etc.)
Mobility (business travel and commercial visits in the assigned zone and the rest of the French territory or abroad)
One to two trips per week may be planned (variable depending on the season and needs)
Availability (presence required at trade events evenings and/or weekends)
Right to work and live in France
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent business sense and customer service
Solid relationship skills
Strong negotiation skills
Effective oral and written communication skills
Strong telephone skills (sales and after-sales, negotiation, telephone prospecting)
Autonomy and excellent organizational skills
Ability to process numerical information and work with numbers
Thoroughness and seriousness – ability to work collaboratively
Initiative and ability to suggest new ideas/approaches
Position based in the cargo area of Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport (France)
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.