Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full-time position as of a Facility Maintenance Mechanic at Edmonton Airport.
- Perform preventative maintenance & servicing to Building related mechanical equipment.
- Investigate and troubleshoot faulty Hangar Doors, Overhead doors, fire doors, etc.
- Ability to install, maintain, repair, dismantle, and reassemble machinery.
- Ability to use welding equipment, hand, and power tools as necessary.
- Perform minor repairs including replacement of gearboxes, sprockets, chains, door panels
- Perform visual inspections of buildings to maintain Building Code standards.
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe manner and complies with applicable industry standards.
- Performing other facility related duties as requested.
- Team oriented individual with demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and self directed.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work shifts, including weekends & participate in on-call rotation.
- Must posses a valid DVS (Diploma of Vocational Studies).
- Must posses valid Driver’s licence with clean abstract
- Must posses an Interprovincial Journeyman Millwright license or Red Seal
- Minimum 5 years field experience.
- Knowledge of building mechanics, Hangar door systems, control systems, Mechanical system operation, MIG welding, CMMS
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be detailed oriented.
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, e-mail and internet).
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.