Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
We are seeking enthusiastic, detail oriented individuals to join a dynamic and talented team in our Maintenance Operations Control Center in Brampton Ontario for the role of MOC Controller.
Reporting to the Shift Manager, our team of MOC Controllers provide control, direction, and aircraft monitoring to ensure all aspects related to the technical dispatch of Air Canada A220, A320, A330, B737, B767, B777 and B787 aircraft are in compliance with the MCM (Maintenance Control Manual).
We offer a competitive salary, including a comprehensive medical and travel benefits package.
Your key functions & accountabilities in this role include the following:
- Guide and direct AC, contracted maintenance organizations and flight crews to ensure compliance with AC maintenance requirements, maximum serviceability of aircraft, on time performance and aircraft utilization in accordance with the AC Control Manual
- Manage the technical dispatch of AC, Rouge and Air Canada Cargo in conformance with applicable standards of Airworthiness.
- Coordinating necessary ‘day of’ flight maintenance activities at all stations or all airports and provide technical support for out of service aircraft.
- Act as the focal point of contact for all Line Maintenance activities.
- Provide control for management of MEL items on the fleet.
- Continuously update the shift manager and other senior management (on the operational status of the fleet.
- Stay current with all technical and regulatory training required to function in the assigned role.
- Use real time aircraft monitoring applications to anticipate aircraft defects and provide proactive resolution.
- Attend aircraft endorsement training courses as required.
- Possess an A.M.E. M2, E License or equivalent with active endorsements on any aircraft type in the Air Canada fleet
- Proven knowledge of regulatory programs/agencies (Maintenance Control Manual, Transport Canada, FAA).
- Willingness to work shifts and at times flexible hours.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and work in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English communication skills both (oral & written).
- Ability to deal effectively with internal/external customers.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Sound judgment and strong sense of initiative in taking appropriate actions.
- Ability to provide direction and clear instructions on technical matters.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- External or internal management development.
- Computer skills (Word, E-Mail, Excel, Windows).
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted