Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accept / deliver Cargo whilst verifying piece count. Ensure that shipment is correctly marked and labelled and check that Cargo is secure and safe to accept
- Report discrepancies or suspicious cargo or possible security issues to the leaf on duty
- Build-up and breakdown pallets, Containers and Bulk Carts
- Load and unload trucks
- Store Cargo in appropriate warehouse locations, reporting as required
- Physically handle Cargo manually or by machine, e.g. forklift
- Drive Company vehicles when required
- Deliver transshipments to other airlines when required
- Accept and process Hazardous / Restricted material shipments in accordance with Company and Government Agency regulations
- Perform weekly Bond & Rack checks to assist with the location of any missing Cargo
- Ensure that damaged Cargo is reported correctly as per Company procedures
- Liaise directly with Leads, Coordinators and Managers regarding daily operational concerns
- Ensure compliance with ACU online training
- participate actively in our Health and Safety program and follow all Health and Safety SOPs and report any possible issues or dangers to the lead on duty
Previous Cargo Warehouse experience an advantage
Good verbal and written skills, with a high level of accuracy
Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative
Ability to work under pressure, plan workload and work to deadlines with minimal supervision
Must be a team player and represent Air Canada in a professional manner
Wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standard
Required to wear PPE in designated high-risk areas
Shift work (early, late and night shifts incl. weekends) with emphasis on flexibility to fit operational requirements
Full valid driving licence
Current Forklift licence
DfT Security trained
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Bilingual (German and English)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.