Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full-time position as of a Facility Maintenance Electrician at Toronto Airport.
- Facility Maintenance Electrician is responsible for preventative maintenance and repair requests made through the Facilities work order system.
- Install, maintain, trouble shoot and repair facility equipment and industrial equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls.
- Read, interpret electrical drawings, schematics and the Canadian national electrical code Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for serviceability.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, industrial forklift batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Conduct preventative maintenance program on powered and non-powered aircraft ground support equipment.
- Install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- High School diploma
- Industrial Electrician Interprovincial Redseal
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the trade
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- Be a team player
- Available to work a variety of day shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel and to hold a valid passport
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations depending on the work location. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.